Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Last act of love

LMR

• Members
3 hours ago, slrittz said:

But I can honestly say that, knowing the depth of this grief, I would do it all again.  I feel that I was blessed to have had the life we shared

slrittz:  I was thinking this very thing today. I am grateful for the time I had with my husband. We were married only 14 years and I feel like we were just getting started. They say "time flies when you're having fun". They also say "live each day like it's your last". I sure do get that now.  

• Like 2
  • Hugs 1

• Members
Diane R. E.
On 7/24/2021 at 10:05 AM, Diane R. E. said:

That's a great idea LMR; I'm going to do it!

On 7/24/2021 at 10:53 AM, LMR said:

I'm so glad you like that Diane. For once I feel like I've helped somebody.☺

I did my first kindness rock and left it outside near one I found. I know it's kind of lame to write "kindness" on it since that is what these rocks are, but I wanted to let the person who left the other rock know that finding the rocks brightened my day. Now I've taken this up as a new hobby, which helps to pass the time.

Kindness Rock #1.jpg

• Like 3

• Members
2 hours ago, Diane R. E. said:

I did my first kindness rock and left it outside near one I found.

Diane R.E.:  Good to see you rocking it! pun intended. I like that color of blue. That is going to catch someone's eye. I think the idea is to not only spread kindness but to have a little fun doing it. 

• Like 2

• Members
8 hours ago, Diane R. E. said:

I know it's kind of lame to write "kindness" on it since that is what these rocks are, but I wanted to let the person who left the other rock know that finding the rocks brightened my day.

It's not at all lame, at least in my opinion.  I don't think it's possible to be reminded too much about how much we need to practice and experience kindness, especially right now. 

The rock is beautiful.  I hope the person who picks it up finds some comfort and kindness through it.

• Like 3

• Moderators
16 hours ago, Diane R. E. said:

I did my first kindness rock and left it outside near one I found. I know it's kind of lame to write "kindness" on it since that is what these rocks are, but I wanted to let the person who left the other rock know that finding the rocks brightened my day. Now I've taken this up as a new hobby, which helps to pass the time.

Kindness Rock #1.jpg

It's a beautiful message and it will brighten someone's day!  I love it!  Great purpose/pastime.

13 hours ago, tnd said:

Good to see you rocking it! pun intended.

:D

• Like 2

• Members
South Carolina

Hi everyone it’s been awhile. It’s been 7 months since I lost my love , she was everything. I have days I think I’m getting better then out of no where & anywhere I break down like it was yesterday. I’m so sad it’s difficult to make it day to day night to night . I hope she’s in heaven with her father & past love ones. If there is such a place? That also crosses my mind that I’ll never see her or anyone that has crossed over again. It’s to bad humans have to be dead to find out, what a rotten deal. Anyway everyone hang in there the best you can maybe someday we’ll find laughter & maybe even love again. 

• Like 1
  • Hugs 2

• Members

South Carolina,

Good to hear from you. I think those of us who were lucky enough to experience a loving relationship with our soul mate, don't ever get over that loss. We learn to live without our loves, because we have no choice, but we carry them with us. I am in my 5th year of this journey.  I miss my husband still, but my life does have laughter once again. 

Gail

• Like 3

• Moderators

I choose to believe, my faith sustains me.  Meanwhile I try to embrace whatever bit of good I find here and try to keep my eyes peeled for it!

• Like 1