Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Grief Gathering

annie123

• Members

I know it is wishful thinking, but, wouldn't it be nice to meet one another and have a "Grief Retreat Weekend".

The desire is probably coming from a sense of loneliness, but, also, of hope.  Getting together with like-minded people to share our stories sounds comforting to me.  I realize that we also accomplish this online......I know this is probably not possible for so many reasons....It seems that I am always trying to plan something....even something small....It stems from the idea, that I will have something to look forward too if planned.  I have a newborn grandson and he is a joy, I look forward to seeing him and holding him.......But, I don't see him everyday, mostly, I am alone. 

Hence, this crazy idea!!

• Members

Dear Annie,

I'm with you and this forum has been so important to me. Like you, I wish I could meet so many of the kind strangers that have supported me through my grief.

Congratulations on your grandson. I hope you'll be able to see and hold him soon. Babies are so sweet.

i wanted to suggest the following forums for additional support.

Grief in Common

Grief Share

What's Your Grief

Grief Healing Blog

• Members

Thank you so much for the additional grief forum info.  I thought that I posted this in Loss of a partner forum, but I guess I don't know how.

• Members

Thank you Reader, would you know how I can copy and paste to that forum?  I am computer dumb lol

• Members

Hi Annie, 

Please no worries.

How do you copy and paste on a PC?
Select the text you want to copy and press Ctrl+C. Place your cursor where you want to paste the copied text and press Ctrl+V.

Then start a new post in the forum.