Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Losing My Grandfather

Kaylayyates

• Members
Kaylayyates

Hello, my name is Kayla Yates I'm 18 years old. I have decided to join this group in hopes of finding people who can  understand what i am going through, where I can receive advice and if anyone would  just like to talk and connect I am here. no one should have to grief alone. My grandfather was my best friend. He was my entire heart. Growing up my father wasn't in my life so my grandfather took the title and became my dad. in January I got news my grandfather would be put on hospice due to a heart attack he was on hospice for 25 days until he passed january 26. losing him ive lost apart of myself and do not know how to continue in daily life because he was by my side through it all. 

• Members
15 hours ago, Kaylayyates said:

Hello, my name is Kayla Yates I'm 18 years old. I have decided to join this group in hopes of finding people who can  understand what i am going through, where I can receive advice and if anyone would  just like to talk and connect I am here. no one should have to grief alone. My grandfather was my best friend. He was my entire heart. Growing up my father wasn't in my life so my grandfather took the title and became my dad. in January I got news my grandfather would be put on hospice due to a heart attack he was on hospice for 25 days until he passed january 26. losing him ive lost apart of myself and do not know how to continue in daily life because he was by my side through it all. 

Im so sorry for your loss, i know exactly what your feeling. I lost my mom and grandma a month apart. i'm still grieving a year 1/2 later. Please know you are not alone. Prayers :)

• Like 1

• Members

I really relate to what you're feeling. I just lost my Grandmother in the last month. My parents were always around, but she was very much my other half, someone i'd consider a soul mate of sorts. I'm really not sure how to fully carry on either. She had a massive impact on my life that can't ever be forgotten. What I've been trying to hold onto is how much she taught me. How much of her I carry with me, and share to the people in my life. Just like she did. In that way, she'll never be fully gone. I'll spread the spirit of her in my life, and hopefully plant a bit of that in others, and let the spirit of that woman radiate through everyone i meet.

I hope you're feeling more at peace now, I know it's been quite a while since you posted.

Important Information

This site uses cookies We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. and uses these terms of services Terms of Use.