Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Shared photos of who we are

Jd2019

• Members

I like seeing couples when they were happy together. I plan on keeping my wedding pictures and photos of my husband on the dresser and night stand like I always have. Thank you for sharing with us, Jd2019. Is there a story that goes with it? 

• Moderators

Another PNWer!  Beautiful picture, so young and beautiful.  

• Members
8 hours ago, Jd2019 said:

We were on a ferry going to Seattle.

Jd2019: That's awesome! I guessed right! I use to live near Seattle so am familiar with taking ferry boats. It's good to keep your photos. They can be very comforting. They can be resized, reframed, rehung or just put somewhere that you can see them every day, just about anything you want to do with them. Right now looking at photos of my husband makes me cry but I've had these photos on display already for a long time and they had always made me happy. It will be a while but I want to be able to feel good again like that when I look at them. So, I'm not putting mine away.  

• Like 2
  • Hugs 2

• Members

Jd2019:  I'm laughing because you called them your "older animals". I never had kids but have experience being around them. And I have fur babies. Animals! I hope to get a French bulletin board or to make one and put a collage of photos of my husband and I on that. A French bulletin board would cut down on the amount of nails or sticky tape that goes on the wall but also I could easily slide the pictures in/out when I want to change up the photos. 

• Like 1

• Members

Thanks for that French bulletin board link, KayC!  They are very easy to make. I think Walmart sells them cheap. Framed photos are great on walls but then you have to use a bunch of 3M sticky strips or nails. A French bulletin board would cut down on that. And the board makes it reals easy to slide pictures in/out of the "ribbons" on the board...no thumbtacks! I use to keep one by my kitchen table and loved gazing at the pictures (memories) over a cup of coffee. But that was years ago. Have no idea where it disappeared to. But I think once I'm settled in at my brothers and to avoid putting nails in his walls, I will get another one or probably make my own. It will give me an excuse to go to a fabric or craft store and I think my SIL is into that stuff.  

• Like 1
  • Hugs 1