Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

So what are you drinking?

widower2

• Moderators

:)  In moderation of course! 

I'm mostly a beer/wine guy. There are some really good wines for modest prices these days, like Dancing Bull Zin and the Menage a Trois red wine blend. Also Yellow Tail makes a great Chard, which is funny because I mostly don't like Chards, but theirs is good. Beer wise I'm hitting a lot of local microbrews, mostly ales and IPAs this time of year. 

• Members

Hi widower2,

LOL - thanks for sharing your lists.

I mostly stick to water.:-) But I also love fruit smoothies and drinks mixed with club soda.

• Moderators

Water is the wise move. :) The fruit smoothies are a great summer drink but too sweet for me. Rarely do liquor.

Also believe it or not there are some decent "box wines" now...in years gone by they were terrible...but for ex. Black Box and Bota Box make some respectable ones. It is hit and miss though 

• Like 1

• Members

Thanks widower2.

I'll have to give it a try and see what I can find at the store. I don't mind a glass of sangria so maybe these box wines would a good choice for mixing in some fruit.

• Moderators

I do very little of mixed drinks. Something like that once in a great while in the summer would be OK. But the mixers are mostly too sweet for me and hard liquor alone or with water mostly tastes bad to me...

• Like 1

• Moderators

Layer Cake Zinfandel: one of the best Zins I've ever had. Two thumbs up!  

• Like 1

• Moderators

Just bought these sparkling flavored waters that are about 5% alcohol - low carb and low sugar, thought worth a try! 

• Like 1

• Moderators

Yes I think that's what I got - wish I had found this in the BEGINNING of summer-!

• Like 1

• Moderators

I had a cabernet wine, which is heavier and "redder" than I wanted, but I had it on hand and made the turkey pretty spiced up, so :) You? 

Debating what to get for Christmas/New Years. 

• Like 1

• Members

Hi widower2,

I tried a can of Pinot Grigio and can of vodka/soda water. I can't recommend it.:-)

What did you decide for Christmas?

Sticking with sparkling apple juice because of my nephew.:-)

• Moderators

I was out of town for the holiday and was drinking what my best friend had on hand, some local brew. It was OK. :) 

Now that I'm back I have some Dancing Bull Zin on hand which is a fav and only around $10.

• Like 1

• Members

Glad you were with your friend over Christmas. Good of you try the local brew.:-)

I'll have to look for the Dancing Bull Zin.

Thank you for the suggestion.

• Like 1