Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Loss made worse

• Members

Recent loss of my father is being made worse by unmarried partner.

Having lost my mother years ago I have adjusted to life without her.

I hoped that I would be able to do the same following sudden death of my father.

Unfortunately the whole process has been hindered by his unmarried partner. I am his only daughter and next of kin, but she is interfering with everything to do with his passing. Including certifying, funeral arrangements, will, everything. I have already been verbally and physically abused.

Once funeral is over I want to be able to look back on this time and his memories as I do my mothers and simply remember the good times I had with him.  How will I ever be able to do this with this evil person in the picture ?

• Like 1

• Members

Dear Davina,

I'm so sorry for your loss. Sorry your father's partner is making this sad time even more difficult. I know it's extremely hard but try to put it aside for now. I'm sure her grief is also raw and maybe this sense of control over the arrangements and paperwork is helping her get through each today. I don't condone any verbal or physical abuse, but given how she feels she could be lashing out from pain and sorrow. Try to keep your distance and do your own thing.

Thinking of you.

• Like 1