Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

losing my mom

esmartin28

• Members
esmartin28

august 1 is my moms birthday. august 1 of 2018 i sat in the hospital with my mom alone watching her leave me. i never left i stayed by her side the whole time. My brother, aunt, uncle, and grandpa got there at 9am and left around 3pm knowing she was gonna make it.  i watch them all walk out and leave.  i was up all night with my mom.  At 5:27 am August 2 2018 she took her last breathe. Worse day of my life. and i didnt have my mom anymore i didnt care about much. i started using drugs, i sold drugs, i push away my true friends i quit my jobs, i got into alot of trouble. now im at a treatment center and i been sober for a lil over 4 months. im learning how to live life sober and coping with my moms death.

• Like 1

• Members
On 7/8/2021 at 10:43 AM, esmartin28 said:

august 1 is my moms birthday. august 1 of 2018 i sat in the hospital with my mom alone watching her leave me. i never left i stayed by her side the whole time. My brother, aunt, uncle, and grandpa got there at 9am and left around 3pm knowing she was gonna make it.  i watch them all walk out and leave.  i was up all night with my mom.  At 5:27 am August 2 2018 she took her last breathe. Worse day of my life. and i didnt have my mom anymore i didnt care about much. i started using drugs, i sold drugs, i push away my true friends i quit my jobs, i got into alot of trouble. now im at a treatment center and i been sober for a lil over 4 months. im learning how to live life sober and coping with my moms death.

Oh i'm so sorry for your loss! I lost my momma last year and if i wasn't in recovery I would have lost everything. I'm so happy to hear your in treatment and in recovery. I wish i could say it gets better but the pain is still there,very raw. I just have learned how to cope,i suppose. 

Important Information

This site uses cookies We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. and uses these terms of services Terms of Use.