Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

No reason

WhoamInow

• Members

So what’s the purpose of any of this I shouldn’t “have to” live without him have a new life if I don’t want one. Babies have the right to life before birth, but I don’t have the right to die or I do as long as it’s slow torturing to myself to make family members happy ironic really

• Like 1
  • Hugs 1

• Members
foreverhis
3 hours ago, WhoamInow said:

So what’s the purpose of any of this I shouldn’t “have to” live without him have a new life if I don’t want one.

Just one more thought.  I don't disagree with this.  What I meant was that God doesn't give us a choice in the matter, though the dark thoughts invaded my soul many times.  You will have to decide for yourself--and I say this with no judgment at all--whether you want to go on.

I am truly sorry any of us have to be here at all because it means we've lost our one best reason for living.

• Like 4

• Moderators
19 hours ago, WhoamInow said:

I’m angry at the fact people who know me and don’t know me tell me to live.

Perhaps they don't tell you HOW because they don't KNOW how under the circumstances.  I try to help people with my tips I've learned over the years, but it's not a one-size-fits-all and it can take YEARS to go through this process...people want instant results.  There is no instant fix.  This is grueling hard effort at best.  I do sense anger and understand that, I felt angry that I had to "do" anything when I didn't ask for or want any of this!  But I had to do it anyway for my own self.  

OR has right to die laws but you have to be terminal.  I think it better to learn how to get through this and give ourselves a chance to LEARN to and have some positivity in our lives, but that's me, I don't reckon any two people respond the same and certainly not on the same time table. :wub:

And "better" is a relative term hinged upon what preceded it by comparison, it in no way implies "well" or that we like it or agree with it.  We NEVER have to like or agree with what happened and I doubt any of us ever do!

• Like 4

• Members
On 7/9/2021 at 9:09 AM, KayC said:

There is no instant fix. 

Kay: I agree, this is so true.  Nothing can fix this in a quick way......or in any way......we all have to go thru this grief process , whether we like it or not.....It wasn't our choice, that our loved one is no longer with us ,so, all I can do is take one day at a time and TRY to get thru it.  But, that is what works for me..........Someday's are more difficult than other's.  I still cry most everyday, and I will never get over the loss of my husband, but for me personally speaking, time does help somewhat. Today is 9 months that I lost my love.   So sorry that we are all on this journey.......

• Like 3
  • Hugs 1

• Moderators
3 hours ago, Brian K 497 said:

The lady said take what you read, hear, and see, and ingest, digest and eliminate.

My husband went through some therapy (by the state).  Some was good, some was not, bordering on nuts!  Typical of gov't imo.  I asked him what he did about it, he said he learned to sift through it and take the good and throw out the bad.  I thought it was pretty wise of him. ;)  It's not even about branding it as good/bad, it's also about the timing, what we're ready for, what we're not, where WE are in our process, this is a long journey and we've already learned that our timetables are not all the same.

• Like 4

• Members
On 7/8/2021 at 9:04 AM, WhoamInow said:

. . .  Stop please saying give it time, it’ll get better. 

WhoamInow, 

I am so sorry you are in such pain.  This is a safe place to vent.  You can say what you feel and clearly many of our posts, my posts, have made you angry.

I try to tell my truth here.  My life, my mental health, has gotten better, but it took me 4 years to feel that way.  The death of my husband was a terrible blow, one which I didn't think I could survive.  I was in a really dark place for a long time. I was quite seriously suicidal at times, including taking reckless actions which could have ended my life. 

With time and effort I have gotten better, meaning my mental health has improved.  I still feel my husband's death was wrong, unfair, ripped me apart and I certainly carry scars that will be with me the rest of my life.  I haven't "gotten over" his death, but I have learned to cope with my new circumstances. 

When your grief is raw, it is hard to think of long term processes.  I get that.  I couldn't hear words of hope or encouragement in the beginning either.  I just wanted to scream "Nothing will ever be okay again. Nothing can ever be okay. He is gone."   How could people around not realize my world was destroyed and could never be fixed. 

I hear you WhoamInow.  Rant and rage, it's okay. We understand.  Many of the newbies here feel exactly the same way, most of the rest of us remember feeling this way. 

Later in your grief process you may find you take comfort in the posts of others who are finding a way to carry their grief with them as the years roll along. 

We do want to encourage you stay alive, don't kill yourself.  In grief there are times that nearly all of us have wanted to die, have asked for God to take us, when we have felt this is too much pain to endure. I know I felt that way a lot. 

I try to give others hope by posting that I don't feel that way any more, but it took me a long time.  That is my truth. 

Hugs

Gail

• Like 4

• Members
Remember the Big Mo

I have found that I am not stronger…I have only started to adapt to my life that is infused with grief, loss and sadness. 

• Like 1
  • Hugs 3