Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Life brings more pain

Gail 8588

• Moderators

OMG, Gail, I am so sorry!  That is horrific news to be sure!  I will be praying for him, and for you too.  No answers, only  cling to hope of his healing, I am going through this with my best friend too.  She's elected not to do surgery & chemo and that has me scared for her...and for those of us who love her.

• Like 1
  • Hugs 3

• Members

This is a blood cancer.  No surgery option exists. 

• Sad 1
  • Hugs 2

• Members
foreverhis

Gail, I don’t know what to say. This is so unfair. Of course you are crying. How could it be otherwise? I’m so sorry for you, your son, and his family. My heart breaks for all of you.

I urge you to go into “one hour at a time” thinking for now. Just get through right now. If it were me, I would also go into “find out all I can” mode after a while.

This will probably sound stupid, but is there anything we can do, besides being here for you and sending hope and prayers? ((HUGS))

• Like 2

• Members

Gail, Kay. I am so sorry for you. I have sent you both some info. It may help or may not. We do what we can.

Hugs

• Like 1

• Members

Gail, I don't really know what to say other than you are in my thoughts and I am sending love.

• Like 3

• Members

Gail, I am shocked by this. I pray that your son gets treated and gets better. Hugs to you.

• Like 2

• Members

Gail, I want only the best outcome for him and I will hope and pray that the treatments are effective. So many of us here know what a formidable and real foe cancer is; but some people do beat it back into remission. May that be the case with this young man.

• Like 2

• Members
Diane R. E.

Hi Gail; I too want you to know how sorry I am to hear of your son's cancer. My thoughts and prayers are with you all.

• Like 2

• Members

Gail, I am sorry to read this. I cannot even begin to imagine what is going through your mind right now. I will pray for you, your son and family. Think "strength in numbers". 

• Like 3

• Members

So very sorry to hear this. I'll be praying for him, and your whole family, Gail.  I know two people who've had blood cancers for years now and they are doing well with chemo.  There is hope.  

Sending hugs...

Darlene

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators

Gail, so sorry to hear this news...there are no adequate words. My thoughts and prayers are with you and him. 

• Like 3

• Members

Gail i am so sorry and without words..

Life is so hard!

I'm thinking of you...a huge hug Roxi

• Like 3

• Members
12 hours ago, Gail 8588 said:

Our grief does not exempt us from more heartache.  I'll buck up and support him and his family as best I can.

I'm sure you will be very supportive and you can buck up but, I don't know that there is immunity from such heartache. You've been dealt quite a blow. Be kind to yourself and let us know how we can help. 

• Like 3

• Members

I am so sorry. Cancer has taken a few friends of mine much too soon, it is evil. Prayers for you and your family. 

• Like 2

• Members

Just checking in on you. Let us know if you need to talk about this. We're here. I'm praying for your son. 

• Like 2

• Members

Gail, I'm praying for your son's full recovery! With all my heart. Many types of blood cancers are highly treatable.

• Like 2

• Members

Gail best wishes for your son...this covid thing make everything bad and dangerous!..hope we can have a better time soon! Take good care of you

• Like 1
  • Hugs 2

• Moderators

Our county is hard hit right now too with the highest cases in ten months.  I continue to pray for your son, please give us an update when you have one, praying protection from Covid as well.   (((hugs)))

• Hugs 2

• Members
16 hours ago, Gail 8588 said:

He is doing everything his doctor recommends.  I think that is all that can be done at this point. 

I wish we could get done with this pandemic, as I feel he is at greater risk than the average person. He is vaccinated, so that is good.  

Gail 8588:  I pray that your son's strength continues. I also pray that your strength continues too. I hope you are holding up okay and will let us know if/when you need to talk about it. We will rally behind you! I've never had children so I can only imagine how scary this must be for you. Stay with us on here and we will help be your strength.   

• Like 1
  • Hugs 2