Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

7 weeks after mum's death

JessieJ

• Members

Hi everyone, I'm sorry if you have lost someone you love. Has anyone lost their mum recently? I am now 7 weeks in and finding it very hard. But pretending to work colleagues I'm strong and able to go on. but I'm so tired of this. I need to chat with people who have experience of this rather than well-meaning friends but who don't feel the pain I'm in.  

• Members
Missmybeautifulmum

Hi JessieJ, so sorry for the pain you're in over the loss of your precious mum. I understand,  mine passed away just over a month ago. Some days are agonising and I don't want to go on,  even on a slightly better day like today,  I have no energy or motivation for anything. My mum and I were so so close, soul mates and best friends as well as mother and daughter. She had MND and watching her decline was devastating I tried everything to get her better. I have guilt and regrets too which make it all even worse at times. The worst time for me is the morning when I feel such heartbreak it's so hard to get up and often I don't. I haven't been able to work at all. I'm here for you if you would like to talk x 

• Members
Beatrixszabo

I'm here too. I lost my mom 3 weeks ago. I hate morning too, cause In the mornings I have to face the reality over and over again. Evening are also horrible and I hate weekends.  I'm not interested in anything,  and I don't see any chance that it will change. I think this pain never goes away. My mom died to ovarian cancer, but it was unexpected because she went for a chemotherapy only, and finally She died which was a shock. How could it happen? And now I'm here being lost, scared and frightened of future when I think about my mom won't be around. How to continue now? 20-30-40 years too long to spend without her. I don't see the sense of life now.

• Members

I'm in the same boat. I lost my mom on June 11th. She was only 64. My sister and I just finished dealing with all the practical affairs and now I'm just left alone and it's hurting. Have you guys found anything that helps? 

• Members
Beatrixszabo

My mom passed 10th June. She was ill but it happened unexpectedly now. I see now that this is a long lonely journey.  It helps to talk to people but only if they are in the same situation.  Other people can't help as they just talk bullshit things like it will get better and so on. The best would be if I died too, and not feeling this pain.

• Members
Missmybeautifulmum
On 7/6/2021 at 9:19 PM, Beatrixszabo said:

My mom passed 10th June. She was ill but it happened unexpectedly now. I see now that this is a long lonely journey.  It helps to talk to people but only if they are in the same situation.  Other people can't help as they just talk bullshit things like it will get better and so on. The best would be if I died too, and not feeling this pain.

Same happened with my mum,  she was ill but she died suddenly,  I wasn't there and I feel really guilty even though we had no idea that was going to happen. She just had a carer there with her it's awful she died without family around as she alwsys did everything fur us she was the best mum. I've been having suicidal thoughts as I've been finding the barrage of feelings of intense pain,  guilt, anxiety & anger so difficult to endure everyday. My face went completely numb on one side for days after she passed away,  i think due to extreme stress. Can only hope this gets a little easier for us to bear. 

• Members
Missmybeautifulmum
6 hours ago, Orchid said:

I just hope if I am ever going to see my mother in heaven when I go there. If I will ever get reunited with her.

Hi Orchid,  I lost another loved one (not as close as my mum but still close) around ten years ago and had an experience with him where he visited me several months after he died.. he hugged me,  said my nickname& i saw him clearly there even though he was behind me,  it infused me with a feeling of love and peace in the midst of my grief.. for some reason I've lost my faith at the moment again though,  so reading books on the afterlife etc at the moment and trying to get that back..i don't personally believe so much in heaven but more that consciousness might be separate from the physical body & we are more than just this life (or at least that is what i did believe) If that is the case then i also believe we'll be reunited with loved ones when we pass away one day,  sending love to you x 

• Members
4 hours ago, Missmybeautifulmum said:

Hi Orchid,  I lost another loved one (not as close as my mum but still close) around ten years ago and had an experience with him where he visited me several months after he died.. he hugged me,  said my nickname& i saw him clearly there even though he was behind me,  it infused me with a feeling of love and peace in the midst of my grief.. for some reason I've lost my faith at the moment again though,  so reading books on the afterlife etc at the moment and trying to get that back..i don't personally believe so much in heaven but more that consciousness might be separate from the physical body & we are more than just this life (or at least that is what i did believe) If that is the case then i also believe we'll be reunited with loved ones when we pass away one day,  sending love to you x 

You know sometimes I think whether there is really heaven or hell or if I am ever going to see my mother or not. But I know that she is there somewhere and I just hope when I die I will get to see her and tell her all the things that I couldnot. Hope we everyone get to see our loved ones when we die.

• Members
Beatrixszabo

I don't believe in God (because if it really exists why things happen like this), but I believe in afterlife somehow. I hope that I will see my mom again. Sooner is better. I can't wait.