Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Do they show signs they're with us?

Magda

• Members

I'm not religious at all or spiritual, really, but here's how I think of it. Maybe they are showing signs from elsewhere that they're with you. Or, they loved you so much and left such an imprint of love and caring for you that it's in your mind, your body, and in that way they are with you, and you see things as signs. Either way...their love is with you. 

• Like 3

• Members

tnd,

I am still not able to dream or remember any dreams about my wife but as I said before she would always tell me about her vivid dreams and I couldn't tell her anything, I used to have terrible nightmares when we first were married and thankfully that ended. I am surprised they didn't start up again after she died and I hope that they don't, I was always afraid she would be hurt by my actions while dreaming but she never was and I did say she was my rock and my constant and I think that she proved that and that is why I stopped having nightmares. She was always there for me.

• Like 2
  • Hugs 1

• Moderators
3 hours ago, Ainslie said:

I was talking to a pastor and asked him if he believes that are loved ones are with us and see us.

Someone recently mentioned to me about soul sleep, yes I've heard that in the bible, but somehow I feel they are aware of us, so much we don't know about how this "beyond" works, I don't discount much, I choose to believe, and I know good and well when I felt my husband's touch on my shoulder/back area that time, no one can talk me out of it.

I've had very few dreams about him too, John, I can't conjure them up although a grief counselor once told me I could, IDK, I think some people are better at that kind of thing than others, I don't worry about it.

1 hour ago, WhoamInow said:

I believe my husband came to get his Dad.

I can't explain these things but I sure don't discount them either!  I accept what I can't explain.  ;)  Perhaps you will get a sign just for you when you most need it.  It's was YEARS before I got my very strong one, it was when the soc. sec. office told me I'd get $250/mo. retirement and then left me to worry over a three day weekend before I could verify their information, he touched me on my shoulder/back and I instantly felt calm, and when Tuesday came I called them back and they told me the true amount, it was doable, $250 was not...but I've had other ones now and then along the way...a rainbow (we got a triple rainbow amongst a T&L storm when George died...I figured he made quite an entrance into heaven! ;) ), pansies appearing in extremely unlikely conditions, one below the patio where we had them hanging, it would have taken root and survived a cold snow covered winter!  It appeared on his one year anv. of death.  Another one appeared three years ago in a sidewalk (pansies are NOT that hardy!) when I was getting hit hard with car repairs, I had just dropped my car off to be worked on and was walking to my church to kill time waiting.  I've had others but those stand out to me.

• Like 3
  • Hugs 1

• Moderators
50 minutes ago, aaammmccc said:

Felt like she was telling me it was ok, it wasn't my fault.

Aww, that was so special!

• Like 1
  • Hugs 1

• Members

I know flowers John9 and petunias just don’t pop up like this in a week. No way.  For sure this is a sign to you from your wife!

• Like 3
  • Hugs 1

• Members

SSC,

That's what I believe too. She knows what it means when I "find" one and she knows I miss her so much she is trying to help me.

• Like 3

• Members

John9, I feel the same way. Life has been extremely difficult without my husband but I find comfort in believing that they are with us every day trying to help us in anyway they can. Thank you so much for that much needed hug! Thinking about you through this difficult time. 

• Like 3
  • Hugs 1

• Moderators

Carolina Girl, my mouth is still gaping open at this!  Wow!  And John, amazing!  What a beautiful picture!  This is as my pansies growing, making it through winter snows and popping up where it's impossible!  And appearing on his anv. of death.  He knew I'd need that comfort that day.

• Like 2
  • Hugs 2

• Members

SSC,

I agree with you, they help me too. I just hope I keep having new ones to tell.

• Like 2

• Members

Jemiga70,

Thank you for sharing your story, I really do need my wife to be "with" me and to show it and however she does so is okay by me. I just want to know for sure and not have to guess or grasp at straws because I want it so bad. I talk to her "all day everyday" and short of appearing to me or actually talking to me these are what I have. We never had a song that was ours but I think right now this is a contender.

• Like 3
  • Hugs 1

• Members

@John9  As you do,  I also talk to (or speak in my mind to)  my wife all day, every day.  In fact, now that I think of it, I'm out and about on my bike every day and talking away to her!  The funny thing is I'm not at all concerned if other people think I'm totally nuts... I know my OWN truth.

@annie123  that is an extraordinary experience. It reminds me of a documentary I watched,  "Calling Earth," which deals with a phenomenon called instrumental trans-communication. Let's see if I can put a link here to the Vimeo site. 

• Like 2
  • Hugs 1

• Members

Jemiga70,

I watched the video and I agree with KayC, Wow. Am I supposed to answer all of the phone calls now that I have been avoiding (haha) I just want to be with my wife again and if she can talk to me while I am waiting for that OKAY let's do it.

• Like 4

• Members
19 hours ago, annie123 said:

I put on my reading glasses to look (they were on my head) and I started crying when I saw the number,

annie123:  I'd take that as a sign from your husband. But I'd also take it a step further....I once had a dream of 3 friends of mine who had been murdered. In the dream they came to me, wanting me to go with them to this "great place" that they liked. I said I couldn't but maybe later. One of them wrote down a number and handed it to me, saying that when I was ready, just give them a call. I remember asking if I could call Heaven collect. My friend just smiled and said "just call when your ready". Now that I think about it, maybe what my friend meant was that if I ever needed them or to talk, just call on them and they will hear me. Or come get me and take me to Heaven. I don't know. But maybe that was part of the "message" your husband was trying to send you -to call upon him when you need to and he will be there. And not just by phone.  

• Like 3
  • Hugs 1

• Members

I am greatly inspired by everyone's post. I've already posted my experience. I just prayed to Chris to somehow let me know if that experience was her. If not, ask God's permission to pay us a visit. It doesn't hurt to ask, even if it would scare the heck out of me! 

To me, no church is "perfect" because they're comprised of people and their perspectives.

Kay, I agree with that statement. All denominations are run by humans. An old Christian man once said to me, "Son, different religions, SAME GOD." By the way, I also finally got some good news from Social Security. My son finally received his back payments (5 months worth). Tomorrow is the 3rd. I'm hoping he gets his regular monthly check.

• Like 2
  • Hugs 1

• Members

RichS,

I'm not sure whether I have expressed my condolences on your loss, if I did, I am doing so again and if I haven't +, I am sorry for your loss. I'm glad that your Son got the money SS owed him and hopefully from this point forward, all will be good on that.  What you say about churches is why I am not an organized religion person. But I do believe in GOD and hope whatever is in store for me is over soon. I was just recently diagnosed with esophageal Cancer and it is so overwhelming without my loving wife here to support me and help me through whatever is next. But hopefully somehow she will show me some signs. I haven't seen any lately, that I recognize. Take care, John

• Like 1
  • Hugs 2

• Members

John9:  I did some reading last night about what you've been through over the last several months. My condolences on the loss of your wife as well. Right now the cross of grief that I have to bear seems lighter than yours, because of your cancer issues. My prayers are with you for a full recovery in the near future. We are both fortunate to have found this board and the nice, caring people on it. It definitely lightens our burdens a little.

• Like 3
  • Hugs 1

• Members

RichS,

Thank you, yes these forums have helped me so much through the absolute worst part of my existence. And now without the love and support of my loving wife, this part of my journey is really hard as well. Take care, John

• Like 1
  • Hugs 1

• Moderators
18 hours ago, RichS said:

My son finally received his back payments (5 months worth). Tomorrow is the 3rd. I'm hoping he gets his regular monthly check.

Yay!  Hoping with you...

18 hours ago, RichS said:

To me, no church is "perfect" because they're comprised of people and their perspectives.

For sure, nor would I expect it to be.  But to negate church because of that would be like not going to school or work because they're comprised of people.  I find something in church, even though I haven't been able to go lately, the connection...

Double the snow predicted last night, my body groans at the thought of going out and tackling it, will wait closer to daylight.  I hope there isn't more then.  My hands hurt thinking about it, actually my whole body does..

14 hours ago, John9 said:

was just recently diagnosed with esophageal Cancer and it is so overwhelming without my loving wife here to support me and help me through whatever is next. But hopefully somehow she will show me some signs.

I'm hoping with you, John.  To go through what you are...I am so sorry.  Life is so unfair.  It would bolster you so much to have a sign from her....

• Like 2
  • Hugs 1