Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Missing my Oldest Brother

Jimc

• Members

On June 14th, my oldest brother passed from Glioblastoma (brain cancer) after being diagnosed last September (2020).  He was 67 and just retired the year before.  I am just having a hard time getting over this.  We went to the memorial service and family gatherings around it out of state last weekend, was great to be together with family at this time,  and am noticing more difficulty dealing with it than when my parents passed several years ago.  It is like I can't get over the sadness.  He went into hospice 4 days prior to passing, which was a blessing as he would not have wanted to live that way,  and I had planned to visit him as it was thought he would be in hospice for a while.  It is a different feeling and I would take time off of work but feel like I would just be more sad (plus, work is super busy right now).  I know time and memories will heal, but such a huge loss for my family ()and his with 3 kids and 6 grandkids and wife).  I was just looking for a place to just vent, not sure if I feel gulity that Im more sad now than when my parents passed, have some work stress that is not helping and just needed a place to vent.  Thank you

• Members

Dear Jimc,

My deepest sympathies and condolences on the loss of your beloved brother. It is a terrible shock. 

Be kind and gentle to yourself and know there is no right way or wrong way to deal with your grief. There are many good resources online that provide additional supports.

Always know you can share your thoughts and feeling with us. 

• Like 1