Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Wish I died with her

MissingLucy

• Members
22 hours ago, MissingLucy said:

I think, people are either animal lovers, or they're not. If they are, they get it. If they're not, I give up. Because they don't. Some have looked at me like I've got two heads when I try to explain the relationship I had with Lucy. Or they tell me it's weird. I just shrug and go my own way.

No need to apologise. No need at all. I picked her up after work, dropped by my folks' to collect a couple of parcels and went home. Then promptly collapsed in a mess of ugly-crying. It's abated to quietly weeping now. I just can't wrap my head around the fact that my dog is in this box. It's just...so wrong. So very wrong. I'm going to buy her a proper urn, a nice one. And will likely fall apart when I have to transfer her across. She's reduced down to this...just kills me.

Sorry...this was harder than I thought; picking her up. 

Don't be sorry, it's so painful. I'm dreading it. The second week waiting for Tyson's ashes is almost up and I'm just dreading the phone call. The box that Tyson's ashes will be returned in will have his name engraved on it but I'm also thinking of buying an urn for him. I'll keep the lid of the box to put on his memorial table. 

I hope you managed to get some sleep and a good meal yesterday. As devastated as I am, I'm trying to remind myself to take care of myself. It's easier said than done though. 

• Like 1

• Moderators

On 7/7/2021 at 7:29 AM, Louise A said:

I know how you're feeling. Had to get my fur-baby put to sleep. He was in too much pain, couldn't come up the steps anymore (had to carry him) and couldn't control his bladder.He was constantly crying and I wasn't able to help. I miss him so much, it's incredible pain inside. It's been two weeks and I still have bouts of crying  and I seem to search for him everywhere. Grieving is slowing "dying" inside. Can't seem to find help around me who understands me. He was my companion and I feel so lost without him

I am so sorry, Louise.  It is the hardest thing in the world to get used to their not being here.  Next month it'll be two years since I've lost Arlie. I rarely cry anymore on the outside, but it feels like I carry my grief inside of me...always.  He was my perfect dog, my soulmate in a dog, and I miss everything about him.  I love the puppy my son brought me with all my heart, but that's the thing: It in no way diminishes my love for Arlie or missing HIM!  He does enhance my life and I thank God for him, but oh how I miss my Arlie.  I would give anything to hold him again, to kiss his sweet face and see his beautiful smile one more time, to hear his husky talk, to chase him through the house and enjoy his goofiness, to watch him run and play with his bestie.
https://www.dogmomdays.com/what-is-a-heart-dog/

I hope this brings you some comfort:

• Moderators
19 hours ago, CM255 said:

As devastated as I am, I'm trying to remind myself to take care of myself. It's easier said than done though. 

Thinking of you...I hope you will find it a comfort to have him with you again, so to speak.  

• Members
2 hours ago, KayC said:

Thinking of you...I hope you will find it a comfort to have him with you again, so to speak.  

Thank you KayC. And I hope your Arlie's pawprints soon ❤️

• Like 1

• Moderators

I got my yard guy to come clear the graves yesterday...some creeping foliage invading, also low hanging branches needed cut, so I feel a whole lot better about it, want to go visit their graves today.