Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

I need to do better tomorrow.

Beau

• Members
5 hours ago, KayC said:

Your child will be the highlight of your life, your incentive to keep going,

Beau:  I think the fact that you are taking care of your baby (and being his provider by holding down a job, feeding him, diapering him, etc) and keeping him with you shows enormous love and commitment. Maybe you can't see it because of the fog grief causes. Babies don't take care of themselves, YOU are caring for him. Even if it's difficult and you have a lot of thoughts in your head right now. But look at what you are doing/able to do and hopefully you will see that your baby is in good hands. BTW, I agree with Gail8588 about the Desitin. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Members

Beau,

I'm glad Friday was comparatively better. That is the way it may be for quite awhile, some comparatively better days and some worse days.  Just try to remember in the bad days that a comparatively better day is around the corner. 

Glad the cat came back. They generally do.

You really are doing a terrific job as a father under the most difficult of circumstances. 

Gail

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Members
On 6/24/2021 at 9:31 PM, Beau said:

I have hit rock bottom before, but this is feeling hopeless. I even thought about calling my mother in law and telling her that she could come and pick up my son. I didn't but it was a very dark moment. 

Let me just start by saying that you are had more fortitude than I did after my husband died. My daughter was 11 when he dad died.  I was in such a bad place that I did send her to stay with my in-laws.  I knew I couldn’t be the safe & stable place she needed even if I would have wanted to.   And truth be told……..I didn’t want to.   All I wanted to do was die.   Now after much therapy and some medications and support we are doing ok.  She still cries several times a week and she misses her daddy terribly.  

I know you said it seems like you don’t have much to teach your son but I think you will find that you do.  My daughter and I have managed to make it work.   She was definitely a daddy’s girl so it has been difficult but doable.  

Hang in there. ((HUGS))

• Like 3
  • Hugs 1

• Moderators
12 hours ago, Gail 8588 said:

Just try to remember in the bad days that a comparatively better day is around the corner. 

II like that thought, will have to keep it in mind.

• Members
On 6/27/2021 at 9:11 AM, KayC said:

I don't think any of us plan for this scenario.

No, but Annemarie and I did plan to have a child. Either because we were overly positive and because Annemarie's cause of death is very unusual, we did not discuss or even venture out to think that she could indeed die. Or at least I didn't. Not seriously, not really.

14 hours ago, jwahlquist said:

I was in such a bad place that I did send her to stay with my in-laws.  I knew I couldn’t be the safe & stable place she needed even if I would have wanted to.   And truth be told……..I didn’t want to.   All I wanted to do was die.

I fully understand this, and I hope you don't feel bad for leaving your daughter with her grandparents. It does take a village. 

• Like 2

• Members
On 6/28/2021 at 5:34 PM, Beau said:

. . . It does take a village. 

Beau, 

I know your life is overloaded with all the things you have to do. But if you ever stop back here, just know we are all wishing you and your son the very best. 

Gail

• Like 2