Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Death of a Best Friend

BlackFlag2601

• Members

Hi everyone,

My name is Kevin. I'm new here. I lost my best friend Chuck in 2007 when I was seventeen. He was eighteen. He was walking on a sidewalk to meetup with one of his friends when a speeding van and a car collided and slammed into him. He never knew what hit him. Ever since then, I had a pretty rough time dealing with his death, especially since I don't have any good friends anymore. I'm very lonely and have suffered in the past form depression and suicidal thoughts. I'm trying to live the best that I can but its very hard. God knows I try.

Thank you for listening.

• Members

Hi everyone,

My name is Kevin. I'm new here. I lost my best friend Chuck in 2007 when I was seventeen. He was eighteen. He was walking on a sidewalk to meetup with one of his friends when a speeding van and a car collided and slammed into him. He never knew what hit him. Ever since then, I had a pretty rough time dealing with his death, especially since I don't have any good friends anymore. I'm very lonely and have suffered in the past form depression and suicidal thoughts. I'm trying to live the best that I can but its very hard. God knows I try.

Thank you for listening.

Hi Kevin,

I am sorry about the loss of Chuck. The circumstances surrounding his passing must have been traumatic. Have you considered or tried any grief counseling? Do you talk to anyone about the experience? Have you ever talked to his family? While it is normal to grieve the loss of a dear friend, your isolation and thoughts of suicide are certainly not healthy for you. If you don't mind me asking, why haven't you formed new friends? Are you afraid they might die? Are you now afraid of becoming close to people?

Does your family know about your thoughts and feelings? You really need to get your emotions out in the open so you can move forward from this. Chuck certainly wouldn't want you to be suffering like this, and if the circumstances were different, you wouldn't want him to do this either. I am glad you decided to come here. This is a good start for you to finally begin to move forward from this tragedy. Please come back and share your thoughts, feelings and friendship you had with Chuck.

We will be here waiting,

ModKonnie

• Members

Hey Kevin. I'm new here too. I just signed up because I lost my best friend not quite 6 months ago and I've been struggling really bad. I'm really sorry that I don't have any great advice or insight to give you, but I want you to know that I know how you feel. Up until logging onto this site, I felt like no one else in the world knew what it was like to lose a best friend and to feel all alone. Sometimes it helps to just know there's someone else who feels that same pain...someone else who knows exactly what it's like. Losing a best friend is really hard. A friend is someone you CHOOSE. Sometimes friends are closer than family. Hang in there. I can't say that it will get better because I don't know if it will or not for either of us, but we need to just keep moving forward. Stay strong and let me know if you ever need to chat!

• Members

Hi Kevin,

I am sorry about the loss of Chuck. The circumstances surrounding his passing must have been traumatic. Have you considered or tried any grief counseling? Do you talk to anyone about the experience? Have you ever talked to his family? While it is normal to grieve the loss of a dear friend, your isolation and thoughts of suicide are certainly not healthy for you. If you don't mind me asking, why haven't you formed new friends? Are you afraid they might die? Are you now afraid of becoming close to people?

Does your family know about your thoughts and feelings? You really need to get your emotions out in the open so you can move forward from this. Chuck certainly wouldn't want you to be suffering like this, and if the circumstances were different, you wouldn't want him to do this either. I am glad you decided to come here. This is a good start for you to finally begin to move forward from this tragedy. Please come back and share your thoughts, feelings and friendship you had with Chuck.

We will be here waiting,

ModKonnie

Hi and thanks for the reply.

I am currently in therapy and feeling loads better. I think my depression is two fold: part of it is my grief and the other part is the mixed emotions I get because of my schizoaffective disorder. It's very difficult to deal with.

Besides the therapy I'm in, I haven't really done any grief counseling. I'll look into that though.

I don't know why I don't have any friends now. I think it's because something I do sends the wrong message but I'm not entirely sure.

Hey Kevin. I'm new here too. I just signed up because I lost my best friend not quite 6 months ago and I've been struggling really bad. I'm really sorry that I don't have any great advice or insight to give you, but I want you to know that I know how you feel. Up until logging onto this site, I felt like no one else in the world knew what it was like to lose a best friend and to feel all alone. Sometimes it helps to just know there's someone else who feels that same pain...someone else who knows exactly what it's like. Losing a best friend is really hard. A friend is someone you CHOOSE. Sometimes friends are closer than family. Hang in there. I can't say that it will get better because I don't know if it will or not for either of us, but we need to just keep moving forward. Stay strong and let me know if you ever need to chat!

Hey thanks for the reply. Sorry for your loss. I'm not sure if things get better, but I think we all find ways to deal.

• Members
mrsbabblebritchess

]Hi Kevin! Well, I lost My Mary the other day, December 20, 2011 around 3pm. She was only 51 but smoked herself to death like I am doing and another friend of mine Don, all three of us have End Stage Emphazyma (COPD) but smoking got us this sick yet we all continue to smoke! It is so stupid! Mary and I quite together 2 weeks ago and we both were doing great using the electric cig. The day she passed I picked the real ones back up. But I feel so ill from them I AM going to put them down again any day now. Right now I am back and forth between completely numb, staring into the air with not a thought in my mind, to screaming and crying, rocking myself as the tears streak. This is an extremely deep pain. But I know I will get through it. Now I can focuss more of my attention on my friend Don whom also does not have long. So this is the job God gave me. I dont like it, but He knows I am strong enough to do THIS job! Ha! I dont feel that strong! Anyway, He is always putting people like Mary and Don, before them there was Dorothy and Pete. They end up in my life in a very deep way. My job is to make sure they are happy and laughing and ready to go home. I give them joy and peace in their last days, then I see them off. So I guess you could say I am blessed to KNOW MY JOB here on earth! Not many people know their job, even though they are doing it! lol

I dont know what else to say. This is my first post on this site. Thank you all for being here. I am broken, but I will NEVER give up!

Peace, Love and Hope!

Allison

\post-297851-0-23225800-1324655244_thumb.jpg This is Mary's High School Picture. She was 51 when she passed.

Hi everyone,

Thank you for listening.

post-297851-0-23225800-1324655244_thumb.

• Members

To Mrs Babble: I so understand where you are coming from. I am a very light smoker, nonethe less i have to quit too and am having trouble doing so. My mother passed 6 weeks ago and i am devestated. It was tough the nursing home stopped feeding her and let her die. I am outraged.

I am getting better though and struggling day by day, crying trying to get over everything. She was 87 but i know she could have lived another couple of years if it weren't for that place. I was exhausted from caring for her at home, but wish i kept her home.

Kevin, I am so sorry for your loss. Over time the horrible images of your friend's accident will fade but its very hard to take. You are in my thoughts and prayers. You have your life ahead of you and over time you will heal.

Debbie

Archived