Top Posters In This Topic

• Shirley24

• Niyasmom

• Danielle Masata

• Carolina Hicks

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
Danielle Masata

"So just found out today the boy who purposely killed my daughter is only facing 18-30 months due to his age. Talk about a slap in the face and no justice for my baby. I am disappointed in the so called justice system and come to find out he has a history of violent crimes…that were hidden. I feel defeated at this point. I know now that I have to lobby or do something. Wish me luck."

Niyasmom- So sorry about this.  Obviously I know nothing about your case, but it's awful to feel the justice system doesn't do enough.  It shouldn't be that way, but even here in this country, it just doesn't seem right.

• Members

His charges are federal, but bc of his age he’ll be back out to prey on someone else as he did before my daughter. It just disgusts me and yes I’d be livid about your son’s drug dealer who is taking the coward way out, which is more painful bc it’s going to drag out. I sometimes hate the world we live in and slit of these kids are just way out of control.

• Members
Danielle Masata

Niyasmom and Shirley24, I hope you're doing okay.  This time of year is so tough for all of us as we grieve, but also because it wasn't like that last year.  Last year, yes it was just stressful, but with an underlying joyfulness.  This year, it's just stressful and deeply sad and lonely.  I've been thinking of you two so much, with the heartache you must feel.  I hope you're okay.  We're here for you.

• Members

Thank you Danielle and yes your thread was 100% accurate. I’m just lost, but didn’t stay home or celebrate w/ a tree or gifts. I did make it through the day as other days.

• Members

hello, hope you too had an ok xmas. Went out of town did not celebrate with family which was our tradition. no tree and decoration at home which im usually very festive but made it through just as you did. did not have a choice but to do so I wish it wasnt so miserable.. 

• Members

My daughter would help me put the tree up and decorate it w/ me. Last year I let her pic the color scheme of the tree and we frosted it for the 1st time. We bought hot pink, light pink, silver, gold(ornaments) and bought new decorations that matched.
It is her favorite holiday and I just couldn’t celebrate w/o her. My son is 22, so this is the 1st time in 22 yrs that I didn’t put a tree up. First time not celebrating the holidays and I’m sure I’ll be like a Jehovah Witness going fwd. Everyday is just another messed up day that I have to push through w/o my baby. We that are left behind will continue as long as we can at this point. 

• Members

I hope everyone's new year was somewhat manageable. Mine totally sucked but it was for the best. For the first time since my sons passing, I went to a friends house to celebrate with her family im glad for them as they treat me as a family. Ive just been going through a lot more in the past three months was barely hanging on

• Members
Carolina Hicks
On 6/19/2021 at 10:46 PM, Shirley24 said:

Looking to someone who can relate to my situation. I lost my son a little over a month ago to car accident, he was only 11 yrs old. The guilt is killing me inside. I just want vanish through thin air or be swallowed in a black hole. 

I can relate.  I lost two sons to a car wreck in 2012.  Although I was not involved with the wreck ,I feel the guilt of them being at their dad's house for the summer. They were 16 & 17 at the time.  I was supposed to pick them up a few days before the wreck.  What I've learned most is that you don't ever get over it, you just learn to get through it

• Members
Carolina Hicks
7 hours ago, Shirley24 said:

im so sorry to hear about your sons. you are so right that will never get over it. 

I've had people tell me to get over it. But that's impossible for me.  The older one that passed has a birthday Tuesday.  And it will be one of those days for me

• Members

I really hate when people say that. How can one get over the death of a child and for you two. We might look ok on the outside but on the inside we will never be the same.  There will always be a day where we will just break down and cry because something, somewhere, and somehow reminded us of our sons. We just dont have a choice but try to live a normal life. Occassions specially birthday are always the worst.