Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Loss my baby at 20 weeks

Dragonfly210

• Members
Dragonfly210

Last week, I had to give birth at 20 weeks. My baby wasn’t fully developed yet. Some reason, my water broke and there was nothing the Doctors can do. My pregnancy and baby was healthy the whole time. There was not sign of any issues. 
We went thru the IVF process. Things seemed so promising. Im shock but how this could’ve happened. It almost feels like I took the wrong turn somewhere. I feel cheated. I catch myself rubbing my belly but he’s not there. We have all this baby stuff ready for him in the nursery. 
We both feel so empty inside. Going thru postpartum, mourning and missing my child. 
Instead of planning for a celebration, Im planning a funeral for our baby. 
There were so much plans and we were just so excited just being pregnant. It breaks my heart to see my husband in pain. The whole situation is so surreal. 
I know life will never be the same. This is just so hard. 

• Members

I completely understand how you guys are feeling. I gave birth at 21 weeks. I feel like I did something wrong along the way. Or I didn't see something that would've given me an idea that something was wrong. There are so many what ifs. I'm truly sorry for what you guys are going through and for your loss. Our babies are looking over us every day.