Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Loss of adult son

Lisa M.

• Members
Michael Rodriguez

come on shel, you are still a mom and you will always be one !!!! what was his name ? he lives in your heart and he will never move away ......i pray to God that , when my time comes, ill be with B for all eternity. that is the hope that we have ......and your son has been here for 30 years, he only moved  to a different place that we can not see them but we feel their presence here, with us every second of our lives 

• Replies 767
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Michael Rodriguez

• Roseypal

• Danielle Masata

• Jacqueline3

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I believe that once you become a parent, Dad or Mom, that never changes.  You are always a Mom or Dad, no matter what.  Threw thick and thin.  We will always be their parents and they will always be our son.  

• Members

And I agree with Michael, I feel like Mike has moved to a different place and we will be together again one day.

• Members
Danielle Masata

Hi again.  Hi Shel.  We are all so profoundly sad with the loss we experience and stumble as we figure out that ... "now what?"  I have thought through that so very often since our son died.  Since 1987, for 34 years, I always felt my purpose in life was to help our son.  I loved being a mother and yet I knew right away, it wouldn't be easy.  Patrick's world was my world and my husband was just as committed to help Patrick as i was.   I could see it he struggled as a youngster (a premie).  Then through elementary school (learning disabled).  Onto middle school, high school (diagnosed with anxiety and autism).  But when he turned 18 and officially an "adult", Patrick fell apart.  Or was it that the world expected more than he was able to handle?   Everyday, I'd wake up thinking of him, and worried all day when he wasn't home.  I was always so relieved when he'd come back home, even though some times he'd be "wasted" or drunk or had a difficult time with friends/job interview, etc..  But my husband and I knew how to handle that.  But now?!!  I am so lonely without Patrick.  And yet.... I am here to tell you about the beauty and talents of my son.  There is a reason why I am here, I know it.  (Being absolutely truthful, I also think his situation became so hard for him that I feel he is at least, finally, in a better place.)  But that's for Patrick, not me.  What should I do be doing?  Is it finally a time for me to think of myself first?  I must admit, I had done other things too other careers, but they just don't give me the fulfillment as I once felt. I haven't found a new purpose or a new project to spend my energies, but that will come.  For now, I am in the grieving mode and so I am here.

Shel, if you can and ready, tell us a little about your son.  Share your stories, your memories.  We grieve right with you.  You are not alone.

• Members

Dear Daniella,

Reading your beautiful story about your son Patrick it took me a while to read it because I couldn’t see through all my tears what a wonderful son Patrick was and one amazing young man and the struggles he had had to be so difficult for him and for you and your family   
My son Blake was 30 years old when he left us he was a paramedic for the Philadelphia fire department he save lives every day But nobody was there to save his I’m not strong enough to go into what happened and how he passed away at this point because I live alone and I won’t be OK afterwards but he had a smile that never stopped that’s what people tell me they remember most !Blake was my only child he was my world I raised him as a single parent and we had many many struggles but we survived somehow and then this happens leaving a two week old son without a father! I have no purpose at this point I know people say that I now have a grandchild and that should be my reason for living but it doesn’t work that way I feel nothing right now but emptiness and sadness when my son passed away I wish he  would’ve taken  me with him it would have been easier!  I ask you this question- Am I still a mom? What am I ?  what purpose do I have?

• Members
Danielle Masata

Hi Shel.  Of course you are a mom!  You'll always be a mom.  In fact, it's that one role that absolutely never leaves.  If you got married and then then divorced, you're no longer married.  But you can't shake away that "being a mom" role.  Think of it this way (a new way for us here too because we never experienced it until Patrick died....) the empty-nest syndrome.  The children may move out, but that didn't really diminish our role as a parent just because they aren't under the same roof.  In your case, and ours, we simply have to relocate that mom-ism energy.  

Here are a few ways to consider: 1) We have a dog and you wouldn't believe how much my husband is now directing me to "look at the dog" when she does her little dog-antics.  And my husband was the one who took eight months to convince him to get our little ball of fun! (and it's mutual.)  The dog is still "mine" when it's time to clean up any "accidents" and I'm the one to feed her, but she's a terrific source of pleasure in so many ways.  We take her for a leisurely stroll every evening.  On weekends, we go off on special trips and trails in our state for long hikes.  I also became a certified "dog therapy team" and visit hospitals and nursing homes several times each week.  Hospital staff, visitors, and of course patients all love the distraction and company.  And I love bringing them joy.  It's also really nice way for me to be more social by asking friends to join me on my walks.

2) in keeping with being a dog therapy team at our hospital, I will be returning to the schools to work with students.  At the elementary school level, I will read with students.  Teachers love it, because it's one of the important skills all young students need to build their reading fluency, but aren't getting as much now that so many moms are working.  It also helps the students who do not speak English at home, since many parents are reluctant to help their children read English when they themselves are less confident with the language.  Our schools also have a program for middle and high schoolers who need a little extra support, called AVID to help them prepare for higher level skills and education.  I will continue to volunteer with that group too.  It's not exactly a mom-role, but I really think I am far better at this because I've gone through those school-year struggles.

3) With the pandemic still keeping the people at home, you may also find others -- like the elderly -- in your community who are in need of company.  I discovered when my own mother became ill and moved in with us, our roles had reversed -- I was the mom and she was the daughter.  (Well, she was far too feisty to being the 'daughter' but I was definitely the mom-in-charge.) Truth is, I am so grateful for having had that time with my mom.  I never really knew her when growing up and those lost few years of her life were real treasures that I cherish.  You may find groups who need your support through your church or temple or through your town.  While searching for other opportunities, you may also discover whole new areas of need: the food pantry or other programs like "Meals on Wheels".  Goes back to the core question: what is it to "be a mom"? (For the fun of it, I googled it and yes, that list is long.) To me, it's helping others.

Finally, just know you are so very lucky to be a grandmother.  You have an important role that immediately needs your help and your guidance will grow and grow.  (It's being a mom, only the best parts!)  Right now, your little grandchild is too young to understand, but I hope you're close by and able to help out so you can see him often. Some day, your little grandchild will love to hear all your stories about his daddy and who better to tell them but his grandmother!  Write those stories down now.  Save them as phrases, scenarios.  Make photo albums.  Write a book or a journal.  They're too numerous to remember them all, but in time these little anecdotes keep our children alive and no doubt your little grandchild will love them all.

I hope this helps, Danielle

• Like 1

• Members

Oh my goodness.   This is BEAUTIFUL.   I absolutely love it.   Thank you for sharing. 

• Members
Danielle Masata

Thank you Michael for sharing that.  That is really special.  So soothing and peaceful.

So often, I find symbolism in the strangest of places.  Thought I heard, "Hey Dad" today which Patrick always said when he came home from work.  And then there's the cologne I found in his bathroom.  It's called Eternity. 

• Members

Good Morning,

Wow, last week was so tough, and so far this week is not much better.  My sister came in on the 15th for a visit and I had not seen her since we buried Mike. As much as it was nice to spend time with her it stirred up so many memories.  The one night we got together with my family and my heart just broke not having Mike there.  Everyone was so happy, laughing, enjoying life, there life has gone on, and as well as my life has also gone forward, (no choice with that) I am so incredible sad.  Its hard to see everyone so happy, that's why I try to avoid gatherings.  However it was hard not to go because my sister always stays with me and I drive her where she needs to go and of course she wanted to see the family.  Then over the weekend Mike's widow came into town.  I did not see her.  I just couldn't.  She has never been in town without Mike except when we said our finally good byes.  I was so sad on Saturday I cried the whole day.  How can she be here and not Mike?  It just broke my heart.  Today is my middle son's birthday, first one without his older brother.  He is so sad.  I feel so bad for Mike's two brothers, they miss him so much.  I try to keep a strong exterior for them, however, I feel like I could crumble at anytime.  These milestones are incredible difficult.  We are suppose to get together tonight for dinner, I hope he has a nice birthday, he has always enjoyed this day, I hope he can again.  Just needed to vent, thanks for listening.  Love to you all.

• Members
Michael Rodriguez

God bless all those parents that are being notified that their kids were part of the 12 service persons lost today!

• Members
Danielle Masata

When I read the news these days, I often think of the families of those who are lost in a disaster.  This week, 20 people died in a Tennessee flood, including twin babies and a young teenager.  There were 12 or 13 servicemen in Afghanistan.  There are also reports of more than 1,000 Afghanistans, many young children lost during that explosion too.  I thought of the 98 people who died in the Surfside collapse.  Oh how their families must grieve!  And what about all those who were lost in the recent Haiti Hurricane (over 2,200)? Sadly, there is also the ongoing struggle to stay healthy during this ongoing pandemic.  Florida alone recorded over 220 deaths yesterday, including many young families.  I read stories about at least two pregnant mothers resisting the vaccine and now her children have no mother!  I can't imagine.  It is a heartache I have begun to feel much more personally, more deeply since we lost our Patrick.  Sometimes I tell myself to stop watching the news, reading the paper but that doesn't change reality.  

It does surprise me though that none of my friends have recently experienced loss.  I lost my mom eight years ago and my siblings and I easily share that sadness in a group text.  (Today, I posted something I found that she wrote about my stepdad and my oldest sister responded, "The pain of 'hearing' her voice is softened by knowing they had 27 happy years together.")  Only one buddy lost someone close, her spouse, and that was nearly ten years ago.  She and I have had very helpful conversations about her journey.  It is hard to go through this alone.  I often wonder if losing an adult child in the prime of his/her life is the "hardest".  (I think I heard that it is.)  Thank you all for being there for me.

• Members
Michael Rodriguez
43 minutes ago, Danielle Masata said:

When I read the news these days, I often think of the families of those who are lost in a disaster.  This week, 20 people died in a Tennessee flood, including twin babies and a young teenager.  There were 12 or 13 servicemen in Afghanistan.  There are also reports of more than 1,000 Afghanistans, many young children lost during that explosion too.  I thought of the 98 people who died in the Surfside collapse.  Oh how their families must grieve!  And what about all those who were lost in the recent Haiti Hurricane (over 2,200)? Sadly, there is also the ongoing struggle to stay healthy during this ongoing pandemic.  Florida alone recorded over 220 deaths yesterday, including many young families.  I read stories about at least two pregnant mothers resisting the vaccine and now her children have no mother!  I can't imagine.  It is a heartache I have begun to feel much more personally, more deeply since we lost our Patrick.  Sometimes I tell myself to stop watching the news, reading the paper but that doesn't change reality.  

It does surprise me though that none of my friends have recently experienced loss.  I lost my mom eight years ago and my siblings and I easily share that sadness in a group text.  (Today, I posted something I found that she wrote about my stepdad and my oldest sister responded, "The pain of 'hearing' her voice is softened by knowing they had 27 happy years together.")  Only one buddy lost someone close, her spouse, and that was nearly ten years ago.  She and I have had very helpful conversations about her journey.  It is hard to go through this alone.  I often wonder if losing an adult child in the prime of his/her life is the "hardest".  (I think I heard that it is.)  Thank you all for being there for me.

i feel the same , there was a story yesterday of a local reporter who was pregnant and caught covid....she got real bad and they performed a c section .....the baby is fine but she passed away a couple of ours later. a couple of nurses took pictures of the baby and she got to see her , in pictures, before she passed. and i keep reading of all these sad stories and death , and i dont know if its because i do not want to feel alone , being the only one that carries the pain that i have. 

im sure that losing a child ,of any age, is devastating to loving parents. 

• Members
Danielle Masata

Agreed.  It pains me even more though when I read about the passing of a pregnant mother who died of Covid.  I know these moms think they are making the "right" choice by not getting vaccinated, but even the scientific community says (over and over) the vaccine will not harm the child/fetus. Any risk she could have gotten with vaccine is so minimal compared to the risk of death with Covid, especially in certain communities when the variant is rampant.  How many more times does this have to show up in the news that moms start to accept the science?

• Members
Michael Rodriguez
1 hour ago, Danielle Masata said:

Agreed.  It pains me even more though when I read about the passing of a pregnant mother who died of Covid.  I know these moms think they are making the "right" choice by not getting vaccinated, but even the scientific community says (over and over) the vaccine will not harm the child/fetus. Any risk she could have gotten with vaccine is so minimal compared to the risk of death with Covid, especially in certain communities when the variant is rampant.  How many more times does this have to show up in the news that moms start to accept the science?

and you know what is worst.....we have ample amount of vaccines and not the chineese or russian.....pfizer,moderna,astrazeneca by the millions..... we have over half of  our population vaccinated and most with both dosages

• Members
Michael Rodriguez

good morning Rosey....and good morning to all. i hope everybody is doing ok. sunday is my b'day and it will be the worst one i have ever had......asked everybody, begged everybody not to have any greetings for me .....B used to be the first one to greet me and we would spend the day together ......so no more birthdays for me 

• Members

OMG Michael, I can understand how you feel.   My birthday is in October and I am already dreading it.  I wonder what Mike and B would want us to do on our birthdays?  I always made a big deal about birthdays for my boys, they loved Birthdays, and they always made a big deal out of mine.  I just sit here and shake my head, this is still so unbelievable.

• Members

I too always made a big thing about birthdays because Don's was the week before Christmas.   I always made sure we had a big party to keep it separate from Christmas. I made it a point to never wrap his birthday gifts in Christmas paper, So he always knew we weren't combining the 2 holidays.   I just miss him so much And it feels unbearable at times. I am trying to stay busy because that does help. Right now nights seem to be the hardest. I can't seem to turn my thoughts off before laying down So I don't sleep very well. I am dreading the holidays because not only do I have Thanksgiving on Christmas, The week before Christmas I have a granddaughter's birthday on the  14th my son's wife on the 15th and my son's birthday is the 16th.  I just don't know how I'm gonna cope trying to celebrate  happy birthdays of these other people when all I want to do is crawl in a hole.  Thank you all for checking in on us.

• Members
Michael Rodriguez
22 minutes ago, Lisa M. said:

I too always made a big thing about birthdays because Don's was the week before Christmas.   I always made sure we had a big party to keep it separate from Christmas. I made it a point to never wrap his birthday gifts in Christmas paper, So he always knew we weren't combining the 2 holidays.   I just miss him so much And it feels unbearable at times. I am trying to stay busy because that does help. Right now nights seem to be the hardest. I can't seem to turn my thoughts off before laying down So I don't sleep very well. I am dreading the holidays because not only do I have Thanksgiving on Christmas, The week before Christmas I have a granddaughter's birthday on the  14th my son's wife on the 15th and my son's birthday is the 16th.  I just don't know how I'm gonna cope trying to celebrate  happy birthdays of these other people when all I want to do is crawl in a hole.  Thank you all for checking in on us.

you know .....if you just want to crawl in a hole ....do it

• Members
Danielle Masata
22 hours ago, Roseypal said:

OMG Michael, I can understand how you feel.   My birthday is in October and I am already dreading it.  I wonder what Mike and B would want us to do on our birthdays?  I always made a big deal about birthdays for my boys, they loved Birthdays, and they always made a big deal out of mine.  I just sit here and shake my head, this is still so unbelievable.

Oh my goodness Michael. I thought of you on Sunday, at B's grave sight, but didn't know it was your birthday.  Happy Belated Birthday, even though I know it was a tough day for you.  You're here for you and we appreciate your sharing. Your comment about B being the first one to wish you a happy birthday reminded me of my mother.  I am one of 6 kids and we always called her (and sang the HB song), but one time she expressed her sadness that she never heard from any of us until later in the day.  That started a bit of a fun competition among us kids about "being the first".  One time, I even secretly came home from college so I could the first to wish her happy birthday and brought in a breakfast tray as I sang the birthday song. That started a routine that I continued with my own kids.

September is my birthday month.  To celebrate, early in the morning, we'd enter the bedroom and sang the Happy Birthday song and we brought a tray of "breakfast in bed" goodies of food, coffee, cards, and gifts .  It was such fun when the kids were little and continued it for every special birthday, Mother's Day, and Father's Day.  I had to open the cards and gifts first of course.  I just loved it when my boys made their cards and eventually card-making was their routine too.  I still treasure those cards, but can barely imagine what my birthday will be like this year.  (I'd post a photo of them, but darn can't figure out how to do that on this site.)  This year, my dear husband has been working hard, I know, to think of goodies to get me this year since Patrick would have been my only child home for this occasion.  Now it's only my dog and husband.  Maybe my youngest will come home so he can join my husband and bring the tray and sing the birthday song.  He struggles just like me, so I wonder if this would be too hard.  I have a photo of Patrick holding the breakfast tray from the 2020 Father's Day.  Oh how I wish time could go back again.

• Members
Michael Rodriguez

thanks danielle , but it is not belated......its tomorrow. naturally last year my b'day was on a saturday ...so exactly one year ago. it was only the 2 of us at home so he decided to have all HIS friends home to celebrate MY birthday as i was not old enough to deal with my friends,,,i was the cool dad......im the one that also drives a jeep and we go out on the weekends trail ridding......i also have no idea how to post pictures here.

God, i miss him so much. since B moved on , i insist, i only exist i do not live.

• Members

Celebrating a Birthday with my three boys.  Mike is in the middle.  Its easy to post photos, just go to "choose files...." (by the paper clip) when it opens go to your photo library, or whatever file, document, etc... you want to open, click on the file and then download.

55F0C78A-CCF3-421D-A04B-05FD20678403_1_102_o.jpeg

• Like 1

• Members

Michael, 

You're still a cool dad and always will be.  I watched a movie the other night its an Amazon Original on Prime Video call LIFE ITSELF.  There is a part when a Mom talks to her son about being able to move on after someone dies.  It was so inspiring.  It really made me reflect.  I think if you get a chance to watch it, it would be worth it.  I do agree with you, I feel like most of the days since Mike past that I am not living, just existing.  This is very hard, and nearly close to impossible, however, I also feel like I wouldn't have wanted him never to have been born.  I see people who never had children and even after this horrific loss, I am still glad I had Mike and Sean and TJ.  I am so grateful for my Mike memories.  Sometimes when I think about them I can even smile.  We had fun, and I loved and still love him so much.  I know my life feels empty now, but it would have been so much emptier if he was never here.  So even though life has brought me to my knees, Mike is still a part of me, I need to stand us both back up and keep going, I owe him that.

• Members
Danielle Masata

So I can come here tomorrow and wish you a HB.  You deserve a nice start for the new year.

You know how I often lament if "only I could back in time".... Well, here's my favorite movie to recommend about that very concept: About Time made in 2013.  Starring Domhnall Gleeson, Rachel McAdams, and Bill Nighy. The film is about a young man with the ability to time travel.  The young man has a lovely relationship with his dad and tries to change many aspects of his life, including the death of his father.  It wasn't sad at all, but rather accepting as I recall that part.  It's overall a romantic comedy in fact, and truly endearing. 

• Members
Danielle Masata

Thanks Rosey for the photo insert instructions.  This photo was taken a few years ago near Lake Erie.  Happy Birthday Michael!  It's 12:25am, so officially the 5th of September!

Photo.jpg

• Members
Danielle Masata

Thanks Rosey. It's fun to see a photo of our kids.  I love your photo of Mike and his brothers playing up to the camera.

Thinking of you Michael. I know this should be a happy day.  I hope there's a moment today that you find some peace.  

And I know you're on another thread - I'm sending my prayers to you and your husband NiquesMom / Virginia. I read the news about Covid constantly and always hope for a dramatic change in this surge. I'm so sorry you and your family are having to deal with it, especially after our already difficult experiences.

• Members
Michael Rodriguez

Image previewImage preview

Thanks for the birthday wishes.....and let me introduce a Brian Michael Rodriguez also known as "B"

the one in the snow was last year for christmas . the other one is 10 days before he moved to a different place

• Members
Michael Rodriguez
10 hours ago, Danielle Masata said:

Thanks Rosey for the photo insert instructions.  This photo was taken a few years ago near Lake Erie.  Happy Birthday Michael!  It's 12:25am, so officially the 5th of September!

Photo.jpg

really handsome boy..... i cant imagine him struggling for friends ......he seems somebody you would look forward to be friend with

• Members
Danielle Masata

Michael, thanks for trying to post photos, but like Roseypal, I'm not able to see them.  Perhaps one at a time? I finally figured it out by dragging the photo (a jpg file) from my computer to the paperclip (also says "Drag files here to attach, or choose files...") which is just an 1" below where I'm writing this post.  Previously, I thought I'd need a URL link and I was looking up where my initial letter is. 

Thanks for your kind comment.  I always thought Patrick should be model.  He was an especially adorable toddler and youngster with strong features, great big eyes and long eyelashes, but it wasn't his personality.  He so wanted to be liked by peers and he did have some friends, but he was also so young, anxious, and vulnerable. He was truly brilliant, but he did not admire the kids who were like him.  For 33 years we tried to help understand the difference, but instead it was as if he tried to emulate the kids who were mean and a bully.  He'd gravitate towards anyone who took advantage of him. And that's the exactly situation that killed him.

• Members

Happy birthday  Michael.   I would like to share a picture of Don and his sister.  This was taken at her wedding.   He gave her away, as I was a single parent since Don was six years old.  Longer if you count how much effort was made by their father prior to that.  We all have such handsome boys.  Every single one of them.  Thank you for sharing the photos.   It helps to put a face to the name since we have shared so much here.  I appreciate you all.  I am having trouble downloading file.   I will keep trying. I am just so Not technologically savvy. 

• Members
Michael Rodriguez
2 hours ago, Danielle Masata said:

Michael, thanks for trying to post photos, but like Roseypal, I'm not able to see them.  Perhaps one at a time? I finally figured it out by dragging the photo (a jpg file) from my computer to the paperclip (also says "Drag files here to attach, or choose files...") which is just an 1" below where I'm writing this post.  Previously, I thought I'd need a URL link and I was looking up where my initial letter is. 

Thanks for your kind comment.  I always thought Patrick should be model.  He was an especially adorable toddler and youngster with strong features, great big eyes and long eyelashes, but it wasn't his personality.  He so wanted to be liked by peers and he did have some friends, but he was also so young, anxious, and vulnerable. He was truly brilliant, but he did not admire the kids who were like him.  For 33 years we tried to help understand the difference, but instead it was as if he tried to emulate the kids who were mean and a bully.  He'd gravitate towards anyone who took advantage of him. And that's the exactly situation that killed him.

it shows file is too big.

• Members

I lost both my husband of thirty three years of a very happy marriage and then eleven months later our son Jonpaul. Meditation and prayer help HUGELY. You really need this now. Here is a simple meditation practice that will connect you to your love one. 

Find a quiet time. For fifteen minutes take deep and slow and long breaths, breathing through the nostrils with the mouth closed. This simple breath practice wakes up your consciousness and triggers a shift.

Close your eyes. Remember the time you felt the most love for your loved one. Relive this memory in detail. Remember the time you felt the most love from your loved one. Relive this memory in detail. Find another cherished memory.

Now picture your loved one in your mind's eye.  imagine this love as a glittering white light cascading over them. See their face lifted with joy as you do so.

Tell them you love them, that you miss them. Talk to them as if they are listening. (They are!) Thank them for being in your life, for letting you know the depth of this love. 

Picture them sending the glittering white light of love over you.

• Like 1

• Members
Danielle Masata

Thank you for writing JJ.  I also feel meditation very helpful.  I also find myself talking (in my head and in my writing) to my son.  

Michael I also tried to post a photo that was "too large", but easily found another that worked.  I don't know what made the difference.  Size?  The first was a screen shot from a video.  The second I think came from my iPhone camera.  I hope you have another to post.  

• Members
Michael Rodriguez
12 minutes ago, JJ Flowers said:

Michael, if by if it worked you mean the pictures posted, yes, I see them. Is this your son? He looks handsome and nice! 

tep....that s my B !!!!! thanks JJ

• Members
Mason’s Mom

B has a great smile and kind eyes.

Eric looks so happy in the picture-must be a great memory.

Mike reminds me a Mason, center of attention and I believe Mason has the same T-shirt. In the Baseball Team Picture Mason is the guy standing up in the center of the group. That was such a good day, his team won and he had a great game. 813341847_Baseball2013.jpg.bea10c914ad121d617074816f6aa9545.jpg

• Like 1
  • Hugs 1

• Members

My photo keeps saying it's too big.  It's just a regular photo.  What am I doing wrong?  They are all so handsome.   Maybe I will try a different photo.

• Members
Danielle Masata

Keep trying Lisa!  I wasn't successful at first either.  Now that I know where/how to post, oh my ... I enjoy reliving some of those happier moments.

Michael - I'm thrilled to see a photo of B.  He's exactly as I pictured him.  So big, bold, and so full of zest.  And Mason's Mom - what a cutie and such an adorable smile.  It's lovely you captured an important memory.  Roseypal, your photo reminds me of the many times when my guys would go all silly too.  Usually I took too long and they'd just get bored of trying to sit still.  It finally got easier (at least less stressful) with iPhone cameras. 

The weather here is starting to feel like fall.  At least it's bright and sunny.  That's especially welcome after the torrential hurricane on Thursday and then the excessively wet Sunday.  We live in NJ and were pretty hard hit.  It's hard to feel like I "should be" moving forward now that our fall season is starting to pick up and all sorts of new classes (school, sports, private lessons, etc.) are starting.  Although I've signed up for a bunch of classes just to keep busy, nothing truly appeals anymore as it once did.  Sigh! I'm hopeful that will change once I get going.

• Members

20210905_121248.png.722ac9e556e54910f58b7d6c5e07152e.png

I did it.  This is my son Donald and his sister.  He looked so handsome in his tux.  One of my favorite pictures. 

• Like 3