Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Loss of adult son

Lisa M.

• Members
Missing serenity

Hi My son died 2 days ago after a short illness he was hiding from me. It appears he refused to get help because he was so worried about medical bills he had from a traumatic brain injury. He didn't want to add more bills.. I feel this just was totally preventable and he could still be here. I don't understand why this happens I lost his brother 6 years ago to an accidental overdose.

Have my three beautiful boys, I know just have one. My son that just died was 35 and his brother 6 years ago was 32. I have such anger resentment because both of them were really hard-working good people that lived a good life. I don't understand why good people die and evil people walk the earth. I just want to curl up in a ball and sleep. I'm sure all here know sleep is very elusive after losing a child. 

And here I am wanting the  pain to stop when my son was suffering so much more. I feel like such an awful person that I must have done something so very wrong to be visited twice by losing a child.

I have no point to make I am just venting and trying to not hurt so bad.

• Replies 767
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Michael Rodriguez

• Roseypal

• Danielle Masata

• Jacqueline3

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
Michael Rodriguez

missing serenity vent all you want , as you can see , this is page 16 of venting. 

my name is michael and i lost my son brian 13 months ago after complications arousing after removing a tumor in his back. 

i am so sorry that you have gone twice thru this agony and pain. vent as much as you want , come as often as you want there will always be somebody that is going thru your same pain  just trying to live our day to day and we all listen and we all read each others venting  

• Members
Jacqueline3

Dearest Missing Serenity, I am so sorry for both of your losses.. Hello, my name is Jackie.   I lost my 22 year old son, Garrett, 8 months ago on my 60th birthday.  They keep telling me there was an anomaly in his liver that turned his blood acidic... I had him to the doctors and ER's six times in the last month and a half and they all told me he was fine... suddenly he was gone.     My eldest suffers from an unusual variant of a genetic disorder that has made her life a misery.. Garrett is my youngest of three and we did every thing together, my precious girls had left home years ago.  I too have thought I must have been  a real monster in another life for the heavens to hurt my children this way and take one so quickly and cruelly.  I as well have voiced the rage filled question as to why these evil, hateful people that do nothing but hurt others are still walking around and my precious Garrett is gone and not given a chance to live his life.  My Mum always says 'you dont mean that."  The hell I don't!  I miss my Garrett and he deserved to live his life!!    I still cry multiple times every day,.... there are many, many moments that I am inconsolable, and I both rage and  plead with the heavens for answers and my son.  I just want my precious boy.   I do not know how to live this alien life without one of my babies.....

Dearest missing Serenity, my heart bleeds for both of your lost boys.   I am so sorry.  Hold on to all of us, we understand the essence and raw horror of your pain.   these men and women that I have shared with here have been a life line to me, as I struggle every day just to get through the hours.  I am thinking of you Missing Serenity.

Love and hugs,

Jackie

• Members
Robert C.

Missing Serenity, we all vent our feelings here! We lost our 31 yr old son, Patrick to brain cancer 6 months ago. Anger, guilt, the what if's that drive you crazy at night. All the medicine in the world wouldn't stop his GBM tumor. 

No one should lose a child no matter their age and to lose 2 son's is unthinkable grief. 

• Members
Robert C.

This can't be a devine plan, no loving and merciful God would plan the deaths of good hard working young men and women. So I have to believe in his mercy that a young life lost for no reason will be at peace and be whole and happy again in God. 

• Members
Jacqueline3

Dearest missing Serenity, most of us also talk on Loss of an adult child.  Please join us there as well.  As much as I truly hate that any of us are here, these lovely, hurting, heart broken parents have given me a support I have not found elsewhere...

love and hugs Jackie

• Members

I am thinking of all of you today, especially us Moms, very very hard day today 😥

Love

Cathy

• Members
JJ Flowers

Thank you Cathy!~

It is not hard for me today. Today I am reminded of my beautiful son Jonpaul and rhe 23 years I got to love him and be loved by him. It was my life's biggest blessing and I am forever grateful. Thank you Jonpaul! I love you forever!

• Members

Heart to you JJ  Flowers, I’m glad it’s not hard for you.  Having a Hard Day has nothing to do with not appreciating the time I had with Mike.  I know I will always be his Mom and will Love him till the day I died, same as I felt when he was here on this earth.  I miss him and what I will never have again.  The physical  part of not having Mike is hard.  I MISS HIM 💔

• Members

I lost my 21yr old son on September 25th 2022 he was the youngest of the boys it was a horrific accident where he was at home with 2 of his friends they had been drinking my son was messing around with a gun his friend told him quit playing around my son unchambered the bullet stuck it to his head and said see theres no bullet in it and pulled the trigger he was wrong my world has fallen apart im at such a loss he was such a mommas boy my pride and joy my baby boy we just signed a lease together for the housewhere it happened at i have a 14yr old daughter who doesnt show much emotion to this she asked if she could move into his room im not sure how to handel that on top of everything else i finally went into his room 4 days ago but i cant hold it together... 

• Members
Michael Rodriguez

char char i am so sorry for your loss. it has been less than a month and i can imagine how much you are suffering. i am michael and loss my son brian 18 months ago to complications after surgery. we all know what you are going thru and we are here to help. just reach out to us. i am the first one to reply but you will soon see a bunch of replies from the rest of us. 

sometimes just saying how you feel helps so much , when the people reading it livewith  those same feelings 

• Members
Mason’s Mom

Char Char, I am so sorry for your loss. I lost my 21 year old son almost 5 years ago. Your loss is so recent, it is understandable that you can't hold it together. For now you take deep breathes and allow yourself to grieve. As with all things in life we all grieve differently. No right or wrong way. We all come together to help one another and sometimes to just vent or express how we feel. For me the help and support has been a lifeline. 

Peace and comfort,

Carol

• Members

I am so very sad to read this.  I don't even know what to say to help.  The only thing I can offer is my support.  I am here for you whenever you need me to be.  Sending Love

• Members

Dear Char Char,     I am so sorry to read what has happened to your family, it is tragic.

My name is Roz and I lost my own son almost six years ago.    
Your son’s accident is so recent it’s no wonder you are finding it hard to keep it together - you shouldn’t expect too much of yourself right now.    
Your daughter not showing much emotion may need a helping hand from her school - is any professional reaching out to her?   It would be understandable for everyone to be in shock .

Everyone here will know first hand the nightmare you are living through and that all you want is your son back and  things as they were -   I am so sorry.

We are here and hope we can offer you some comfort.     Kindest thought to you and your family.  Roz 

• Members

Dearest Char Char.

My name is Jackie, I lost my 22 year old son, Garrett, a little over a year ago.  He had an undiagnosed condition with his liver that reared its head and took him without warning.  He left us on my 60th birthday.  I am so sorry for the tragic loss of your son.  It is understandable that you are having trouble now, the shock, horror and pain of it all is overwhelming.   There are no easy answers and no easy path. but we are all on this path with you, a road none of us ever wanted to be on.  We will stand with you as you walk the days and months ahead.   There is no right or wrong way to grieve Char Char.  I do not know your daughter but Perhaps the shock of the tragedy has at this point shielded her from the reality of it, something that is not unheard of.   Reach out as often as you need, we are all here for you and we know first hand the pain and sorrow that have now enveloped your once stable world.  My heart reaches out to you

Love and hugs,

Jackie

• Members
Mason’s Mom

Char Char, many of us post on  Loss of an Adult Child. We  welcome you to join us over there. 

• Members

Thank you for your words shorty16, but i don't see how this pain will ever go away or get better, i am thankful for all the time i shared with my son, greatful for his presence in my life, he was my heart, now my heart is gone and all i feel is pain  emptiness where my heart once was.