Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Losing mums home

Lovejoypeace

• Members
Lovejoypeace

Just found out that mums house is going to be sold as there is a buyer and it needs my signature.

Both my teenage daughter and myself are taking it very hard as she has lots of there as do I.

I don’t know what to do or say to make sure I’m not burdening her or making it worse for her,. All I want to do is cry and she has been bawling her eyes out with it all.

a sibling wanted to sell it but we didn’t think that it would have a lot of interest 

• Members

It is hard to lose your childhood home. I too would want to hang on. Is there anyway you can convince your sibling to hold off for another year? Maybe buy out her share of the property? I hope you and your sibling can work something out.

• Members
Lovejoypeace

Hi I’m praying for a miracle.

He is trying to work something out as I don’t think he really wants to sell it but it has been very stressful for him. Bit of a wake up call to for him as he has been drifting along a bit.

It’s the other siblings that want to sell and one in particular.

• Hugs 1

• Members

Families are so tough. I hope and pray that some compromise can be reached that takes into consideration everyone's feelings.

Thinking of you, x 

• Members
Lovejoypeace

Thank you for that.

The way that this was all done was wrong I still want the house but I don’t have the funds to buy it. I would renovate it and use it to stay over.

but thank you for thinking of me

• Hugs 1

• Members
Lovejoypeace

Finding it all a bit hard. Brother is pushing for sale quickly. Real estate guy says that it doesn’t happen that quick but with everything happening in the world right now with the pandemic I’ve seen houses sell within a few weeks 

• Hugs 1