Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Seems Like Wave After Wave

TAM1

• Members

Tam1, 

You can be very proud of how you stepped in to help your son through this difficult time. 

I think you need to follow your own heart and judgement as to helping adult children.  You know the situation best.  In addition to your son there are the 2 sweet grand children that need to feel secure and loved.  A divorce is a very confusing and scary time for young children. 

I am glad you have friends that are supportive of your decisions.  It is a shame your family members have felt the need to second guess and criticize your decisions.  They have no crystal ball to see the future.  

We all just do the best we can under the circumstances that come our way.  I would just be glad that you are able to help out your son and grandchildren. 

Hugs,

Gail 

• Like 4

• Members

Tam1 sometimes i think people as you are so great facing bad times...you have the strenght to do the right thing for your son and the little ones!

With the burden of the loss of your Len...

we all know what does it means!

• Like 3

• Moderators
17 hours ago, TAM1 said:

I'm thankful for a few very good friends who have come in without judgment, or "you should", "you need to" and unhelpful advice. 

Absolutely!  We need people's support, not judgment!  I've found some of my on line friends to be my greatest encouragement and support, it's amazing.  Teresa, we're here to listen any time and I, for one, applaud your efforts to help your son & grandsons out when they most needed you.  Your son will never forget your being there when he most needed it.  I would do the same.  Now it's okay for you think of YOU and you will make it through this as you figure everything out and take care of yourself.  I'm also thankful you have a good job!!  One of the things I've learned is the ability to appreciate what we do have even while missing our other half and even while some things in our lives are a super hard challenge.  I'm sorry your family is acting this way.  Regardless of their opinions, they should not be judgmental about/to you.

• Like 4