Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Loss of my mother

Santhosh

• Members

I don't know what to do. I lost my mother last month and it all happened quickly. She was sooo excited for my 20th birthday but she passed exactly 10 days before it. From that day every single day passes so slowly. It some times feels like a dream like she is just around the corner. But she is not there. I was a good son she was an excellent mother but I never truly realised how much I loved her until she passed away. The line I had heard so many times in my life that 'we never understand one's worth lest we don't have it any more '. I feel it was just too soon. I always planned to take care ,to but her something from my first salary. I never felt true sadness in my life. It sometimes feels like a sick joke when I think I can't talk to my mother any more but always leaves a lump on my throat. She left me a bit too soon. I miss her so so so much. I love you mom. I will always remember you.

• Members
DeborahtheDaughter

My condolences to you, Santhosh. How fortunate you had a wonderful, loving relationship with your Mom. Your hurt and sadness are still so fresh. Do allow yourself to grieve. Do lean on friends, family and others to help support you. And, happy belated birthday.

• Members
missingmom21

@Santhosh So sorry for your loss. It happened entirely too soon. I hope you are finding some comfort with your remaining family, friends, and even here. 

• Members
On 6/3/2021 at 1:04 AM, Santhosh said:

I don't know what to do. I lost my mother last month and it all happened quickly. She was sooo excited for my 20th birthday but she passed exactly 10 days before it. From that day every single day passes so slowly. It some times feels like a dream like she is just around the corner. But she is not there. I was a good son she was an excellent mother but I never truly realised how much I loved her until she passed away. The line I had heard so many times in my life that 'we never understand one's worth lest we don't have it any more '. I feel it was just too soon. I always planned to take care ,to but her something from my first salary. I never felt true sadness in my life. It sometimes feels like a sick joke when I think I can't talk to my mother any more but always leaves a lump on my throat. She left me a bit too soon. I miss her so so so much. I love you mom. I will always remember you.

It has been just over a month. I am in my college and i used to love holidays but now holidays are just soo slow, the atmosphere of my home feels a bit dark. Days are going too slow. I And the first time i completed my exam after my mother passed away , i did the exam good and i was a bit exited to tell my mom , i took my phone and when i searched for the contact i remembered she was not there, it left a lump down my throat. She was the most selfless person i have ever known, i miss her and it feels like my memories of her are fading away. All i can remember is her pain when she was ill. I wish i can just go back few months and tell all the things i wanted to tell her. I wish she was alive. I love you mom hope i will see you one day...

• Like 1