Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

I lost my best friend

Ladee Lunar

• Members
Ladee Lunar

I lost my best friend in January. I recently moved out of my home town, and to the other side of the country. Leaving my best friend behind. She had things to get in order , but she eventually wanted to come out and stay with me. She was going through some things with her boyfriend, which led her to relapse on drugs after 2 years, which lead to an accidental overdose. It’s been really hard for me to open up about it. It’s been damn near 5 months and I still can’t gather the strength to wrap my head around it and/or accept it. Being on the other side of the country.. it just feels like we haven’t talked in a while. Not that she’s actually gone. Every time I try to think about it, to grieve, to accept it.. my mind finds a way to distract itself. I haven’t been myself since she passed, and part of me thinks I’ll never go back to normal. I don’t know how to deal with it, I want move forward. I know so many people are dealing with similar situations . My heart is broken and irreparable.

• Members

Dear Ladee Lunar,

I am so sorry for your loss. Losing a best friend is devastating. Please don't be hard on yourself. There is no fixed timeline for grief and it can take on average 18 months to feel better. 

Please know we are with you. And don't be afraid to reach out for additional supports through the community and church.

My thoughts are with you.