Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

lost my grandmother due to covid

fay122

• Members

hello,
my grandmother passed away 5 days ago due to complications of covid, and i still can’t believe it. she used to be healthy and she didn’t suffer from anything. after she was confirmed positive, she was admitted to the hospital. stayed there for a month and a half, and they put on a ventilator and her body couldn’t handle it .i lost my appetite and i lack sleep. you may think that i’m being dramatic. But, i used to live with her for 11 years since i was 9 years old! she educated me about everything in life. literally everything. she even was my best friend we used to stay up all night and chat and she told me her lovely stories and she used to cook for us almost every day. And her house became my home i just don’t know how i could leave it. i want to leave because every corner reminds me of her and i keep on crying. but at the same time i don’t want to leave because as i said, i lived here most of my life and it’s really hard to leave.

i don’t know if i should leave the house or not and how i could get over this all when i’m still in shock and can’t believe it. when i wake up, i pray to god that this is all a dream and she didn’t really pass away.

• Hugs 1

• Members

Dear Fay,

My deepest sympathies and condolences. I am so sorry to hear about the passing of your beloved grandmother. You're feelings are completely understandable after such a devastating loss. 

Please don't feel any pressure to leave the house.  The first year of grief is the hardest and it is best to leave off making any major decisions. I know for myself I was too raw. 

Take your time to mourn and grieve her. She sounded like the best grandmother in the world so loving and kind. 

Thinking of you during this sad and difficult time.