Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Loss of person through alzheimers though still alive

• Members

My mum as alzheimers for past 7/8 yrs now we were very close she lived with my family and i cared for her for as long as i physically and mentally could she as now been in care for past 4 yrs before lockdown i would go see her every day and still help with her care i,e  feeding, communicating and looking after her room and belongings ect as you can imagine having no contact during lockdown for a year till recently as been difficult to say the least however even when visiting her which i am weekly now i cry all the way home the most difficult thing for me is grieving for the mum/person she was and loss of connection, is there anyone dealing wth this form of loss out there?

• Members
Patty_CGerry

Bagpuss,
My mother had Alzheimer’s and I lost her in October of 2020. But I felt devastated before and during her passing. One day you will find peace knowing that you have been taking such good care of her, and doing all you can. I pray that you will find comfort in sharing, friends, faith and family.

• Like 1

• Members

Thank you for your reply and understanding Patty, my siblings have not really been of any support they just mostly deal with it all by treating it as though mum as already gone and have left all the caring, decision making and visiting to me and left me with the weight of stress and anxiety however my husband and 3 children have been a tower of strength to me and still love and visit mum so i am blessed with them and wouldn't be here today without them by my side