Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

I will always love Lucy

Jen B

• Members

Lucy was my baby, not my pet. She was with me for 14.5 years and she was my purpose. She was pure love and joy, the sweetest of the sweetest. She had me trained well, wrapped around her paw and that’s the way I liked it. She loved me no matter what, was always happy to see me. She was with me through the hardest times in my life when I had no one else to turn to; it was me and Lu against the world. She left this world on 3/15/21 and I cry every single day. Sometimes I feel like I’ll never stop crying. I miss her so much. 

4CAC59B1-8C5C-4764-AA7F-D78DE8141ACD.jpeg

Edited by Jen B
Photo added
  • Like 1

• Moderators

I am so sorry, I know all too well how you may be feeling because my Arlie was everything in the world to me.  6/6/19 I took him to the vet for what was supposed to be routine teeth cleaning, he'd had his physical just two weeks before.  He never got his teeth cleaned...instead, the next day they called and gave me his death sentence.  He had inoperable cancer, his liver shut down.  What???!!  How can this be!  He'd just passed his physical!!!  It makes me wonder what kind of a vet...

I began hospice for him, had him on CBD oil, SAM-e, Milk Thistle, along with his usual fish oil and probios.  The vet told me when he stopped eating, the end was near.  I plied him with food to keep him eating.  I'll spare you the details, but watching him go downhill was the hardest thing in the world.  I took him to another vet for his euthanasia 8/16/19, and they botched it, causing him to go out in tremendous pain.  I will never forget the look on his face...

It's nearly two years later and I miss him every day and love him with every ounce of my being.  Apparently my son was worried about me as he brought me a young puppy, 4 1/2 lbs. to love and care for.  He wasn't Arlie, no dog will ever be him, my beautiful boy with the most beautiful ever present smile, his intelligence, goofiness, amazing communication and ever-present consideration.  I still hug his coat which continues to hang on my chair, his leash and collar hang by the door.  I buried him with his favorite duck toy, it was his first and treasured, also with a bone.  He lies next to Skye, my granddoggy that lived with us for 3 1/2 years, and 25 year old Kitty.  Miss Mocha disappeared, likely the work of a cougar, she should be with them, but II bought a memorial stone for her too, in absence of her body.  How can we, a family, dwindle down to just me so quickly!

Kodie has patiently, undauntingly, wormed his way into my heart and life, with his own unique qualities and adorable face.  Not a replacement, no one can ever be that, but now family with me.  I tell him stories about Arlie and always will treasure the 10 1/2 years I had with him.

I wish they could live longer, I wish we never had to say "so long."  I hope you will continue to come here and read/post whenever you want, we're here, we will listen.

Pet grief & cleansing tears

Comfort for Grieving Animal Lovers

I hope this short video brings you some comfort and peace.

• Members

I'm so sorry to read of your loss of Lucy. The loss of our beloved companions is heartbreaking. They go with us through everything. I've cried every day for 5 months since my boy Goldie passed. Share your memories on here, it will help in some way. Thinking of you. 

• Like 1