Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

When all hope is gone, Faith, Friends, Family will get me through

Patty_CGerry

• Members
Patty_CGerry

Caring for a family member for 5 years who is has been like a child mentally, and gradually became like a younger and younger child. He has minutes to days left. My husband and I have had to give him such personal care, comfort him when he was scared, sick, etc., purée his food, feed him, change him. We are losing such a big part of us and our whole lives, that we are feeling completely lost. I am finding strength in faith. When nothing logical makes sense, the unseen is exactly what is needed. Praying and reading extensively is helping, and I’m sure will continue up to be needed after my dear brother in law passes away. Friends and family support is also giving some comfort. I know nothing is going to erase the loss we will have, and are already feeling. But these things help me see through different eyes. I am a mess one minute and on the next. Best to all!

Patty

• Members

Hi patty

I am new on here and understand some aspects of what you are going through caring for someone makes you dig deep and fund the strength to do things you didn't think possible, sending my regards to you hour doing amazing❤

• Like 1