Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

3 months and one day

Wearamaskstill

• Members
Wearamaskstill

You know everyone dies. From a young age I understood this, when my grandparents all died, I understood, and was fine. My father passed away 3 months ago.
For three months I have slept on the couch of my house because my bedroom is where I found out. 
For three months I have cried what feels to be endless hours because I miss him so much. 
For three months I have been waking up telling myself things will get better, but they just aren’t.

He didn’t get to watch me graduate last night. This is heartbreaking to me because he had been more supportive of my education than my mother had ever been. I have nothing to look forward to anymore. I made it past three months, slowly making my way to four. Again, it’s been now three months and a day.

• Hugs 1

• Members

Dear wearamaskstill,

I'm so sorry, I know it's very hard to go through grief. Every day feels like an eternity but you are surviving and you're doing the best you can. The pain and sorrow is very intense and it will take more time to process. Be kind and gentle to yourself. I hope you'll reach out for additional supports to help you.

We are with you. (((hugs))))

• Members
On 5/15/2021 at 3:32 AM, Wearamaskstill said:

You know everyone dies. From a young age I understood this, when my grandparents all died, I understood, and was fine. My father passed away 3 months ago.
For three months I have slept on the couch of my house because my bedroom is where I found out. 
For three months I have cried what feels to be endless hours because I miss him so much. 
For three months I have been waking up telling myself things will get better, but they just aren’t.

He didn’t get to watch me graduate last night. This is heartbreaking to me because he had been more supportive of my education than my mother had ever been. I have nothing to look forward to anymore. I made it past three months, slowly making my way to four. Again, it’s been now three months and a day.

So sorry for your loss. I understand how difficult it is to lose a parent. I lost my mom over a month ago and I am struggling everyday. My mom is my everything. I cry everyday. I understand why you are not going to the room. I hate my apartment now because this is where I found out.

Even though your dad didn't see you graduate, he was there with you. I don't know if you believe in afterlife but I have started believing in it and I know your dad was with you. 

It's very difficult. Please know that you are not alone. I am going through it too.

Take care. I am here if you would like to talk more.