Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Lost my aunt - Unable to cope

ska041

• Members

I lost my aunt who was just like my second mother, few months back. It was an accident. Also medical negligence. I far away from home, so I couldnt even be there. I feel like im still in shock. Iv never imagined my life without her. This is something m realizing now. I was practically brought up by her. She has spent a considerable amount of her time with my parents. She was my moms youngest sister, so was like her own child.

Honestly, when I heard the news, I was making list of everything I needed to shop for her. I feel like she has taken a part of me along with her. Im scared of everything now. If my mom even sneezes, I get scared. Im scared of losing anyone else. My parents, my husband, siblings. I used to be a pretty cheerful one. I learnt to stay happy n understand my mind over the years. But its changed now. My husband has also suffered the loss of his mother. He understands what Im goin through, he says you need time. Yet Im scared. Im scared to take even a single step out.

im not sure if this forum will help. I guess just trying something.

• Angel Wings 1

• Members
brooklyn.00

i lost my bestfriend, haley in february. she was shot and killed by someone her mom knew. she was murdered at 13. she was shot 9 days after her birthday. she was like a little sister to me. she always held my hand through everything. i guess i’m just kinda angry that she’s gone. not at her, but at god. she had her whole to live. she hadn’t even gotten into high school yet.

this is my first time doing anything like this so i’m not really sure what to say. really , i just miss her. 

• Angel Wings 1

• Members
Tabitha Mercury

I lost my aunt who was just like my second mother, few months back.nearly a year ago. It was an accident. Also medical negligence. I far away from home, so we thought she had beaten her cancer, only to find it spread to her brain, within a week she passed and I couldnt even be there. I feel like im still in shock. Iv never imagined my life without her. This is something m realizing now. I was practically brought up by her. She has spent a considerable amount of her time with my parents in my life. She was my moms  dad's youngest closest sister....She was my best friend.

Change a few words around and you have where I am at. I haven't truly grieved over loss because I haven't truly grieved over my late best friends loss the year prior. I'm just as lost as you are my dear. However, if you need or want to chat I do use discord. Let me know!

• Angel Wings 1

• Members

I lost my Grammom who raised me and she was my heart! She went into the hospital with a bladder infection and the doctor changed her heart meds and she had a heart attack and died 2 days later! The worst part was none of us could be there for her because they wouldn’t allow us in the hospital because of Covid-19! I can’t get over this loss a piece of me is gone and I feel sick all the time now! I can 100% relate to everything each one of you has written...I’m praying for all of us that things get easier with time;)