Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Lose of aunt

Tsutt1980

• Members

Two days ago I said goodbye to my aunt. 14 years ago I lost my mom she was 44 and I was 26 worst time of my life! Since then I have lost my gpa, who was more like my dad, my great grandma and now my aunt, my mom's sister, at 52. I am having a incredibly difficult time working thru this! Like every thing in my life is about to change for the worst. So lost so numb so hurt

• Hugs 1

• Members

Dear Tsutt1980,

I'm sorry for your loss. It is hard to cope with so much loss and it takes a toll on a person. Please know you're not alone. I hope you'll see out additional supports in the community or at church. Please know we are here with you. Thinking of you.

• Members
Oizys Miseria

I’m sorry you’ve lost so many people.  I was pretty close with my Aunt.  She was more like a second parent or grand parent.  Sometimes people diminish my grief for my aunt.  She died over 11 years ago.  They wouldn’t even put me in her obituary because I as a niece was not important to them.  Even though she and I were closer than some of her own children.  That hurt so much.  People don’t understand that titles in family don’t always matter.  I also just lost my mom a couple months ago.  It’s the most difficult things I’ve ever experienced.  I feel like all the people that cared about me are now gone and I’m completely alone.