Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Lost my Uncle/Father figure

Reagan

• Members

I lost my uncle last year unexpectedly from a liver disease that he didn’t know he had. His death was out of the blue & it’s been hard to go on with life losing this important person. He was my uncle but more of a father figure, and best friend. I’m only 22 & most people my age that I know haven’t lost anybody important to them. They don’t understand why I can’t just be “done with grieving” it still feels like yesterday that I lost him & I’m finding it hard to connect with anyone about my loss. Hoping that I can connect with people on here. 

• Members

Dear Reagan,

I'm sorry for your loss. It is so hard to process the loss of a loved one. I too felt alone when I lost my dad and needing people to support me but feeling closed off from family and friends. Please know you are not alone. I also found these websites helpful in understanding my feelings.

Grief in Common

Grief Share

Grief Healing Blog

What's Your Grief

Thinking of you.

• Thanks 1