Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Losing a parent while young.

Jjesssica

• Members
Jjesssica

Hi everyone,

I've always struggled with finding people who have dealt with the similar unfortunate issue as myself. Losing a parent while young.

My mum was diagnosed with cervical cancer two months before i turned two, she passed away a year later. As a child i struggled a but but ultimatly moved on. My dad moved on and met someone else, my step-mother. It was only when i was around 14/15 that losing my mum really started to effect me a lot. I feel like im having to learn to cope 16 years after she passed away. I feel like i dont have anyone in my family i can talk to about this or ask question about her. 

People always say to hold on to the memories, but i was so young when she passed, so i have none. Sometimes i feel like im grieving the emptiness i feel rather than her, and i feel guilty.

If anyone has gone or is going through something similar please feel free to message me. I think having someone who has gone through similar circumstances would help.

Stay safe - Jessica x

• Members

Dear Jessica,

Please know we are with you. Everyone's grief journey is so unique and different. It's really hard to find the right supports. I am hoping these websites will offer you additional supports.

What's Your Grief

Grief in Common

Grief Healing Blog