Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

19 years old and dealing with multiple loss

iwillseeyouagainsoon

• Members
iwillseeyouagainsoon

Hi there. I am a 19 year old girl and I guess I’m just here to vent and find any opinions because I don’t have anyone to talk to. Over the past year and a half, I have lost all of these relatives on my fathers side. Grandpa(67) last year passed in his sleep, and uncle of an overdose about 6 months ago. I was very close to all of them and I don’t talk to my father often so this uncle in particular was something like a father figure to me. Also, we lost my other uncle(his brother) in 2009 of an overdose as well. Then last night I just got a message last night saying grandma is gone. I think it’s because she was just in so much pain from losing everyone and just passed. No one really knew she was sick. She wasn’t necessarily that old either, only around 68-70. I just keep replaying in my mind her lonely lifeless body in her empty house alone although I didn’t see it it’s an intrusive thought. And I feel enormous guilt for not talking to her recently as we had gotten into some quarrels and she had been acting odd recently.  I have just felt like I am not living in real life all day and it just doesn’t feel real. I don’t know how to take this and feel as if I’m too young to deal with all of these deaths and I’m taking it very hard. I am currently in school which is incredibly hard during this time too and my grades are being affected heavily. If anyone at all reads this, thanks you for listening. 

I realize my title may be confusing. I didn’t lose them all in the same night, just grandma. All of them have been within the past year and a half. I just feel like life isn’t real. 

Edited by iwillseeyouagainsoon
Title was incorrect

• Members

Dear Iwllseeyouagainsoon,

I'm sorry you are dealing with so many losses. It is hard to come to terms with. 

https://www.griefincommon.com/blog/multiple-losses-how-to-cope-with-loss-change/

https://www.griefandsympathy.com/grieving-multiple-losses.html

I hope these articles will give you some comfort and support.

Thinking of you.

• Members

I’m sorry you are going through this<3 I also lost my uncle last year and he too was my father figure & it’s incredibly hard to live with the feeling of loss & not having anyone around that understands. Im not sure that I have advice as I’m going through loss at the same time, and not even sure what to tell myself, but I’m sending lots of support your way!