Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Can’t cope with the loss of my dog

Ginny 5602

• Members

I recently lost my beautiful dog. A wonderful girl - Nikki.  She was one of my children.  The loss I feel is suffocating. I can’t breathe. The pain has manifested itself physically as well. I am physically unwell. 
I cannot cope. I’m grasping for anything that will give me peace. I have never left her and now she is out there somewhere- alone. 
I need to wrap her in my love and make her feel safe. I need to fee her. The thought of never seeing her, touching her, kissing her. It’s too much to bare. 

• Like 1

• Members

Oh goodness I’m sorry! I pray that you find your Nikki. Please be safe and try your absolute hardest to just make it day by day. Sometimes the best we can do is to just try. Universe, Lord please bring a healthy Nikki back home as quickly as possible. Amen. 

• Like 1

• Moderators

Ginny, I am so sorry for your loss, they are our family, the closest relationship we can have, it is so hard to be missing them.  I don't think they're alone, though, I think life after is different from here, better, although it's hard to imagine since this is all we've known and our minds so finite.  They are at peace and not suffering.  Your girl and my boy are waiting for us.

Comfort for Grieving Animal Lovers
Physical Grief Symptoms What's Your Grief
Physical Reactions to Loss

• Members

My apologies. She is lost in the way that she has passed. 

Thank you for your kind words and support. 

• Like 1