Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

I miss Cleo so much.

Lexie

• Members

I don’t think my post posted earlier but I’m having a hard time with the death of my cat Cleo. I miss everything about him and he just ceased to exist 2 days ago suddenly. 2 dogs mauled his little legs so badly when I got to him he was trying told hold himself up with his front legs and had this look of shock. I tried to get him to the vet but he died in the back seat. I hate myself for even letting him out the house. He would just wander around our yard so idk where these dogs came from. Why can’t he be here? Why did it have to be my Cleo? I feel like no one cares but seeing other people grieving on here , makes me feel that I’m not so alone. He was my quarantine buddy. I cat wrap my head around the fact that I’ll never see him again in this lifetime. 

• Like 1

• Moderators

Oh Lexie, I am so sorry to hear you lost your sweet Cleo.  I know what you mean about quarantine buddy.  That's how my Kodie is, I lost my Arlie and Kitty just prior to the quarantine and believe Kodie was meant to be mine, just as my Arlie was and Kitty.  They mean the world to us and losing them is so hard, esp. since they don't live nearly long enough.  They are clearly the best part of creation, imo.

I hope you have faith/hope that you'll be reunited, if not for that, I don't see how I could have survived my losses.  Losing Arlie left me floundering, my world went from living color to black & white.

Comfort for Grieving Animal Lovers

I hope this brings you comfort and peace to your grieving soul.

• Members

Thank you KayC. I felt like no one noticed me on here. It doesn’t bring a little warmth to my heart that Cleo is playing with so many and I’ll see him again one day. I appreciate the words of comfort. 

• Like 1

• Members

Hi Lexie,

I'm so sorry for your loss. What you went through was so traumatic it's hard to even imagine.

I'm quite familiar with the regret and blame that comes with their sudden passing. All the things we wish we would have done differently, replaying it over and over and wishing for a different outcome. The pain and tears can seem nearly impossible to ever get past. I hope others read your post and respond. This forum and the people here helped me immensely more than once over the years. Especially when the people closest to me could not understand why it was taking me so long to get over the loss. Although this is little consolation for you now, it does get easier. How long it takes is different for each person but I hope you can remember all the good times with Cleo and the love you gave him rather than dwell on the end. Please don't blame yourself. 

Be well and take care,

Biscuit's Dad.

• Like 1

• Members

Wow. It’s like you were sitting right next to me. Everything you said resonated with me so well - this is exactly what was happening. I was here hating myself for the regret, the replay, the wishing for a different outcome. Thank you so much for each word of kindness. It gave me the strength to get through the night without feeling so horrible. 
Have a blessed night. 

• Like 1

• Members

I'm glad I was able to help even if only a little. I don't always get notifications from the forum but I will check back tomorrow either way to see how you're doing. What really helped me more than anything was the online chat rooms for pet loss. There are a couple really good ones. I can send you a link to my favorite if it's something you think you might want to try. 

I hope you're able to get a restful night's sleep. Mornings for me were the worst, waking to the reality all over again and dealing with the giant hole in my chest where my heart used to be. What got me through it was knowing I had the chats to look forward to (even though I would cry the entire time).

Good night. Be well.

• Like 2

• Members

I'm so so sorry to hear about your beloved Cleo. I can't wait to begin to imagine what your going through, but I do know how I felt and still feel after losing my boy Goldie. The pain is like nothing I've felt before. The heartbreak is awful. To know you're not alone is something, however small. This is a great place as we all understand. The guilt is never far away with this, ive had thoughts going round and round in my mind for ages, all the what's ifs. Its normal to have these thoughts as we try to make sense of something we can't. Talking on here helps me, to be somewhere where others feel what I feel. I hope it helps you. 

• Like 2

• Moderators

I come on here every day, Saturday I was here and gone before you posted.  Today no electricity until a bit ago so I'm later than usual.

It does help to express yourself and know you are heard by others that get it and understand.  Loss of spouse and loss of pet (I hate that word, they are family to me, not something I own), are the two hardest losses I've had, and that says a lot, I've had a lot of loss in my life.  Those are the two that we interact with daily, that are part of our everyday lives, the ones we live with.

• Like 2

• Members

Yes, thank all of you! Today was the first day I could actually get up and be a bit productive. I mean that in the sense of doing the basics ( showering, cooking). I caught myself two times in a rhythm of doing something as if Cleo were still alive. I moved on my bed thinking “ oops don’t want to kick cleo..” then I called out to my sisters dog and said “ Cleo come here!” I immediately stopped both times - heartbroken. 
These “ pets” really are like family members. But I remind myself of the Rainbow bridge and I think “ my little friend just went ahead of me to check out the terrain. He’ll be there for me when God says I’m ready. I’m sorry to hear of y’all’s loss as well. I appreciate y’all taking the time to just give words of encouragement. What blessings you are. I will pass it forward as much as I can as well. 

• Like 2

• Moderators
8 hours ago, Lexie said:

my little friend just went ahead of me to check out the terrain. He’ll be there for me when God says I’m ready.

I love this thought!  So so hard to keep going in lieu of their absence with us, but who knows but maybe they can peak in or hear us.  Sometimes I go down to Arlie's grave and talk to him, even though I know "he" is not there, he is not bound to his body anymore but I hope he still looks like he did when I next see him, he was so beautiful, I miss his smile.

• Like 1

• Members

I am so sorry to read about Cleo. :( My heart breaks for you. That was a very traumatic thing to go through (obviously for Cleo) I hope you are able to find some peace. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1