Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Where is God and so many unanswered questions?

Karabo

• Members

On 14 February 2021 my Mother passed away due to Covid-19 and I was left broken. We were burying my uncle on that same day and also still grieving the loss of my cousin. Its too much, I feel lost spiritually and just numb. Over the weekend we learned that my aunt( mom's older sister) was released from the hospital after suffering a stroke, and the doctors gave her less than a month to life. I'm asking myself if maybe we did something wrong? Are we being punished? 

Since the beginning of 2021 my family has buried 5 family members in total in the space of 3 months. Where is God? Is this his plan, all this pain and suffering? When will it end? A lot of people that the Lord is still with my family and that He will provide comfort. It sure don't feel like it, cause there are days where I find it hard to breathe, were I am scared to answer the phone cause I'm terrified that it will from someone informing me of another death in the family. I'm losing my faith and I don't know how to hold on to it. Heck I can't even pray, I don't even have the strength to pray. I'm soo lost and hurt. Where is He? Where is the Father in my time of need? Are my tears and screams of pain not loud enough? Why are my prayers falling on deaf ears?

• Like 1
  • Hugs 2

• Members

Dear Karabo,

I hear you. What are you asking is very common when facing so many devastating losses. It's very hard. I don't know if there are any good answers. I know many people lose faith but some also find comfort in God's words. I hope you will find comfort with the support of friends and family.

Thinking of you.

• Like 2

• Members

One of the questions I am asking God now, is if my own death will be of any benefit to someone. Will it be a lesson learned, open up resources for someone else, or simply a relief to those who know I suffered? Because of the disease I have, I cannot donate my organs, so that's out. I wish I could find some Scripture on the subject. 

• Hugs 2

• Members
8 minutes ago, reader said:

Dear tnd,

https://www.openbible.info/topics/the_meaning_of_life

I found this site and hope it will give you come comfort. 

We all have so many questions. I wish I had better answers for everyone. With hugs.

THANK YOU, reader!  This is what I need. I printed it (all 11 pages). My eyes are starting to go wonky on me so it's getting harder to read the Bible. Printing this makes it so much easier to read. Thank you. 

• Like 1

• Members

I am trying to be hopeful. I don't know why my life has suddenly become very bleak but as I now face an overwhelming challenge and decision, I know that I need to rely on my faith in God.  

Romans 15:13 

May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound in hope. 

Amen. 

• Like 1

• Members

You're very welcome tnd. (((hugs)))

I hear where you're coming from and since my dad's passing I've felt lost myself. 

I've read a lot in hopes of finding some comfort and understanding. I am so grateful for my dear friends at this site for being there for me.

Please take care.

• Thanks 1

• Members
wiccankitten

i asked myself that very question when i was molested by the son of a family friend from the ages of 8 to 14,and again when my brother died.

• Members
kristinaneiper

I completely understand you, OP; there are so many questions about Christianity that have bothered me for a long time already. There are too many different and historical hats here. I have been to many churches, including the evangelical one, and I have not found a place for me yet.
So, many of my questions are still with no answer. Orthodox wise men said that you need to get to know God closer to understand what’s going on.
One of the most natural desires for men is to find out what they believe in and then stick to yeat.

• Members

Personally, I think God is everywhere. I admit, sometimes I don't see His work. That's why I pray for Him to help me maintain my faith and trust in Him. I have to say, there is definitely something to the power of prayer. Even on our worst days. And for me, I always find comfort in knowing that. The day might be a headache but after the darkness, eventually there is light at dawn. 

• Members
On 4/16/2021 at 2:16 PM, Karabo said:

[...]I'm asking myself if maybe we did something wrong? Are we being punished? 

[...]Where is God? Is this his plan, all this pain and suffering?[...]

Dear Karabo,

I've been asking the same questions, especially since I found out that my husband had died (it was confirmed in August 2020). How I currently see it, is that God -- our Loving, Benevolent, Kind and Compassionate God -- does exist, but just is not being Made Manifest on Earth, right now. Why this is the case, or how such a thing can possibly happen...that takes a whole different level of thinking, to try to sort out.  But. I do just try to keep my own confidence and trust that what we are currently experiencing on Earth is NOT the Will, Vision or Plan of our True God Who Created this universe.

Our True God's Light, Love and Blessings to you.and to all,   Ronni

(Sorry if I didn't quote this correctly, or messed up on the formatting. I just signed up, so am still feeling my way around.)

• Like 1