Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

My lovebird passed away

My Baby

• Members

My Lovebird, Baby passed away since August 20/2020  and I cant get over this loss,  I have been crying and grieving every day.  I miss him so much, he was such a cuddly, lovable bird, He always wanted to be with me when I am home,  he shared my meals, he showered with me  He loves to be on my shoulder  and watch me doing work, cooking.  I cant imaging life without him.  He suddenly got sick and I took him to the vet, they kept him overnight and treated him, but the next morning, they called me and said he passed away. It was the most devastating news I ever had.  I had him at two months old, he was only 11 when he passed.   I decided to bury him in a pet cemetery as i was afraid if I moved, i would have to leave him in my backyard, but a month later, it was unbearable for him to be so far away from me,  so I exhumed his remains and re buried him in my backyard where I can see him every day.  I will plant a tree over his tiny grave this summer.  I miss this little guy so much.  RIP my beautiful baby, until we meet over the rainbow bridge.  Love forever.

• Like 1

• Moderators

I am so sorry!  We get so attached to them, they're part of our family and our daily interactions with them are part of our routine.  They are so sorely missed!  

If you buried him in a container, you can still move him with you if you move someday.  It's one of the things I fear as I age that I'll have to move, my Arlie was huge so unable to move esp as I age I may need at apt someday and no place to bury anything.

I hope this brings you comfort and peace to think upon...it's not just dogs and cats, but any animals!

• Members

I am so sorry for your loss. The pain and heartbreak is long lasting for many of us. What an amazing and deep friendship you had. Hang in there. Please keep writing to get your feelings out. It does help to come here. 

• Like 1