Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

New Chapter

ccoflove

• Members

Thank you Perro J. I think I am the queen of indecision, even before my loss I was bad at making decisions. My fear is in a rural area opportunities are fewer and farer between so if I have to make another change that could be difficult. Last night I wanted to rescind everything. I'm trying to visualize this new life. You are perceptive in our loss was not in our control but the things we do have control over can be confusing. None of us have a magic crystal ball. If I did I wouldnt be in this situation, I would have saved my love!

• Like 4

• Members

That is very courageous moves you made in both major changes Gail 8588. Change is so hard. I'm glad you have adjusted and found new friends and routines. I'm a bundle of nerves.

• Like 3
  • Hugs 1

• Moderators
10 hours ago, TLN said:

I do not mean I am mad at Him; just that He feels absent--now. Just a terrible silence from above and now all those decisions are mine to make.

It was my experience that grief envelopes us, filtering even God out...doesn't mean He isn't there or that He doesn't care, it means we can't see anything but the grief around us.  It'll return...it can take much time.

• Like 4

• Members

cocoflove, it took a lot of guts to make your decision.  I’m glad you had the support of family and friends to advise you. That support network is priceless on so many levels.  I’m 58 years old and at the stage where I can retire if I want to, but I have a great job with great coworkers/friends. Plus, the money is good:).  This job will be my last though. My major decision is when will I leave it, and what will I do with my time. The time part will be easy though:).  I think you made the right decision. Give us an update when you get a chance. God bless, Steve 

• Like 3

• Members

Thanks Steve, I did speak to my employer that I wasnt 100% certain the new position would work out but that it was an opportunity I couldnt pass on. Everyone at work was so saddened, though supportive of this move. My boss is going to hold my position open for a month and if it's not a good fit I will have the option of returning. That is such an unforeseen blessing and has taken the pressure of this not working out off quite a bit. I feel so much better knowing this decision isn't irreversible while I feel this new job out. It is a big change in my schedule from evenings and nights to morning and an 54 mile commute! Everything is a trade off. Thanks for everyones confidence in me. 

• Like 3

• Moderators

I commute 100 miles/day for my last job, I understand, I wish you the best!

• Like 2

• Moderators

Yes, amazing boss indeed!  No wonder it's with mixed feelings you leave!

• Like 1