Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Lost grandma a few months ago..

Paulina961

• Members

My dear grandmother passed away a few months ago on Christmas. First month was very difficult but then it got better. Now, it all came back and I can’t stop crying. I think about her every single day especially when I wake up and go to sleep, and I can’t stop crying. It’s been a few months so I thought it would get better but no.. this is the first death I ever experienced in my life, so I’m not sure how to handle it. I don’t wanna burden my family with how I feel (also they are in a different country) and don’t wanna seek any professional help. I am wondering if anyone has any book recommendations/movies that can help relieve the grief... 

• Members

Dear Paulina,

I'm so sorry for your loss. My deepest sympathies and condolences. Please know you are not alone and everything you are feeling is part of your grief. I find it takes a year to two years for the intensity of the feelings to lessen a bit. I hope these list of books will offer you some comfort. Thinking of you

https://www.livehappy.com/practice/reading/9-best-books-dealing-grief-and-loss?nopaging=1

• Option B.
  • Magical Thinking.
  • Wasn't Ready to Say Goodbye.
  • A Grief Observed.
  • Grief and Grieving.
  • I'm Grieving.
  • When Bad Things Happen.
  • When Things Fall Apart.

• Members

So sorry to hear about your loss. It's so hard dealing with your first family death. I hope you start to feel better soon. I lost my Nan on the 15th and it would have been her 70th birthday today. She was the woman who raised me and my Mom passed away 4 years ago so she was my shoulder to cry on after she died. Ever since my Mom died she had been getting sick. I hadn't seen her hardly at all cause of Covid and it hurts so much knowing I should have spent those last months with her and not worrying about Covid as much. It happened fast and I wasn't ready at all. We only got to see her at her worst. The pain will fade alot but it creeps in when your not expecting.

Take your time, don't let other people tell you how you should feel.

Hope you have a good day hun.

Archived