Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

My dog has cancer

LaurenB

• Members

My dog ray is my best friend in the world. He’s 6 and I’ve had him since June 2019, but I just found out he has cancer and probably won’t live past a few months. 
I am an absolute wreck. I don’t know what to do, I don’t know how I’m supposed to get past this. 
he’s my first dog. I’ve wanted one since I was very little, and Ray is perfect for me. 
I am in so much pain, how did you guys go on knowing your time was limited

• Members

Dear Lauren,

I'm so sorry to hear your sweet dog has cancer.  It's really hard to deal with this sad news. Take it moment by moment. (((hugs)))

• Members

I am so so sorry. That is heartbreaking. My first two cats I owned both got lymphoma.

They each ended up have a several months - longer than the vet said actually - with drugs, but then the end time came when they got sicker and sicker... and I had to be the one to make that choice. It's so hard. All you can do is try to love and enjoy every moment you have. :(

• Moderators

I am so sorry that anyone has to go through this, I went through it with my soulmate in a dog, Arlie.  It was one of the hardest things I've been through but God was graciously with us through it.  Here is our story:

I wrote memories of his life here as a way to memorialize him.  He will live on in my heart forever.  I hope you continue to come here and post as you go through this, we don't want you to go through it alone. :wub2:

• Members

Lauren,

I'm sorry to hear of your news.  I realize you are in turmoil having to figure out the best course of action for his time left with you.  A lot of us have been in your shoes and we understand.  It's hard to be strong but all you can do is concentrate on giving Ray your very best each and every hour, days and weeks ahead.  Take LOTS of pictures and videos.

I know that when mine passed last October, I would look at pictures and videos all the time.  Some can't bring themselves to do this but it comforts me.  Only you and your vet will know when it's the right time regarding his comfort level and is the next day worth it for him as time goes.  Just know you are not alone and please hang around as long as you need to as we all have felt that horrific pain.

• Members

Im so so sorry for your dog being sick I lost mine and my favorite song was ;;over the rainbow by that Hawaii- man forget hes name .so I never play it I cry like a baby .but again love him and take him on long walks lots of treats, we care

• Members

I hope your doing better. I just got my new dog feel way better ,but still think of my Sissie all the time.You will get thru this I promise it does get better,Im proof of that and many others, love to you.

Archived