Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

I'm not that strong

Yorkshirelass

• Members
Yorkshirelass

I was googling what to do to feel better to get past this not to feel alone and I found this group. I might not make sense, I feel a bit disoriented these days, can't remember stuff.

My gran is dying, I'm just waiting to get that call. I'm in Germany so can't even be home because of this crappy situation with Covid. They've given her days, and I'm here alone trying to deal with this and accept it but I don't think I'm that strong, sometimes I'm ok I think of all the memories we've made and how she's lived a great life , a long life, my gran's 98, and ppl say yeh but it's exepcted at that age, as if I shouldn't be upset, I am! I'm broken, my gran is like my mum and I'll never get to see her again.  I sit here cring all day, then I'm calm then it stats again, I can hear her voice asking me what she always asks, when are you coming home? She's at home now, but not responsive, we're just waiting and this waiting is awful, I want to constantly vomit.  I wonder what she's thinking, how she's feeling? does she know I'm not there?  This is awful really awful

• Members

How beautiful your relationship must be with her to feel so deeply.  I'm sorry for your sadness and your loss. Sending you a hug and letting you know I appreciate what you have shared. It gives me inspiration to how it may be possible to have such a connection with my one year old granddaughter. 

• Members
Yorkshirelass
5 hours ago, Raisha said:

How beautiful your relationship must be with her to feel so deeply.  I'm sorry for your sadness and your loss. Sending you a hug and letting you know I appreciate what you have shared. It gives me inspiration to how it may be possible to have such a connection with my one year old granddaughter. 

Thank you, I pray you have that relationship.  My gran passed away last Thursday morning and the grief ebbs and flows, sometimes I'm calm and I pray , other times I burst.  What a massive loss, we're all broken.  May god bless her soul and look after her x

• Members

Sorry for your loss. I loss my gran on 7/24/21 and there is never a day that I don’t miss her. Sometimes I call her home number because we use to talk daily. Don’t really know what to say other than I can relate. 

• Members

I lost my gran September 19, 2021. A day before what would've been her 84th birthday, and ten days before my 24th birthday. I missed her funeral because I tested positive for the virus. I'm so sorry this virus has taken that time away from you as well.

Important Information

This site uses cookies We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. and uses these terms of services Terms of Use.