Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Loss of Disabled Adult Daughter

Charity999

• Members

I lost my daughter unexpectedly the day after Christmas (12/26/20).  She had a blood clot that traveled to her lungs and had a small leak in her brain.  It all happened so fast and today is her birthday.  She would have been 38 and this is a sad day today for me.  I talk to her everyday and tell her how much I miss her and love her.  Not only was she my only child, but she was my best friend who I could count on when I needed someone to talk to.  She was so innocent and sweet to everyone she met.  Her age mentally was approximately that of a 12 year old. I know this is going to be difficult and when each month passes, I remember only the day of the 26th from the time she went to the emergency room, to the time the nurse came out and told me she passed.  I'm joining this groups in hope of sharing information to help ease the pain.  Hopefully I will hear from others who had a disabled adult child. 

• Members

Charity 999,  I am so sorry about the loss of your sweet daughter and all that you will be feeling.  I have only just seen your message from Friday and I hope that you managed on your daughter’s birthday as best you could.    Dates carry great significance and pain at times .  I lost my son at the end of 2016 - I cannot even speak the actual date.  I try not to dread his birthday - I still want to celebrate that he arrived into this world on that date. 
These are very early days for you and the shock and pain so fresh.   It’s good that you talk to your girl and are able to express your feelings.   There are a few here who share on the ‘Loss of an Adult child ‘ pages ( top left)  it’s probably easiest to go to my last post there to find us - click on my badge.   Please come and let us talk with you - there are others there who have recently lost their child too and although we are not experts we are all experiencing grief and , as such,  are a tremendous comfort to each other.

Archived