Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Is It Bad That I'm Still Stuck?

kam1004

• Members

My big brother was killed in August of 2020. I started failing in school and just doing bad in all aspects of my life. I wasn't taking care of myself. I left the school I was at and decided to change my major and my school I was going to. I started a new semester at the new school and I still don't feel ready. I still get sad and I feel like people are saying "it was so long ago why are you still so down," but it's so hard for me. My heart physically hurts. I get flashbacks of his murder and I wasn't even there. And I know people will probably just say that it's all normal to feel like this but ugh I just don't know what to do. I'm lost. 

• Members

Dear Kam,

I'm so sorry for your loss. Grief levels us and it is so raw and painful. Please don't be hard on yourself and it's only normal to feel lost. It's unimaginable that you could lose your brother in this way. There is no fixed timeline for grief. But it is important to try and get some additional supports. Talking to friends and family or seeing out grief counselling or a support group.

I also found these websites helped me a lot.

Grief Share

Grief Healing Blog

Grief in Common

What's Your Grief.

Thinking of you and please know you are not alone.

• Members

Hi there,

I am have lost my little brother like that recently. Nothing makes sense anymore yet I know I have to live. So I eat, go to work and even smile. Just know you are not alone. Take care.

Archived