Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Multiple losses

Michelle73

• Members

I am a 47 year old mother of 2, and grandmother of 2. I work in customer service. I love To travel. So much so that I have lived in 13 states and travelled to 38, though I have yet to travel outside the country. I have been through a lot of bad things in my life... 2 failed marriages, cancer, finding out that my second husband was molesting my kids, the court system failing to give my children the justice they deserved, a depression that lasted for 3 years. I also pulled myself up out of all of that, went to college and got an associates degree. Found the love of my life and was happy, for a while.

Then in 2017 people in my life started dropping like flies. First it was my fiancé’s maternal grandparents, exactly 4 weeks apart In April and May. Then my paternal grandmother (my last living grandparent) died in October. While these deaths were upsetting, we understood they were elderly and had health problems. In January 2018, after a month of being hospitalized my fiancé died when his heart wouldn’t start back up after valve replacement surgery. He had lived a life with multiple heart surgeries and strokes, so we knew he would pass before me but we had hoped to have more time. Eight months later my second husband passed of a heart attack. 2019 was even worse. In January my father had a heart attack and passed. In March, my 26 year old son was in a car accident and passed away, leaving his 4 year old daughter and 7 month pregnant wife behind. Eight days after my son, my Uncle died of cancer. 2 months later my late fiancé’s paternal grandmother (his last one) also died. 2020 did not start any better, the first week of January my late fiancé’s aunt, who had been with him through all of his surgeries, and held my hand while he breathed his last breath, breathed hers. I lost another uncle to cancer, two other members of my fiancé’s extended family and my most recently my step fathers mother was lost to Covid. 
So in under 4 years I have lost 14 family members. 

• Members

Dear Michelle,

(((hugs))) I'm so sorry for all your losses. My deepest sympathies and condolences. You've been through so much and I know it's incredibly hard and difficult time.

I hope you'll seek out additional grief support. This particular website has been helpful to me

Grief in Common

Sending all my thoughts and prayers.

Archived