Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Lost my mum to COVID...

Leanned33

• Members

I lost my mum to COVID-19 on the 5th of January and she was only 59 she did have underlying health conditions diabetes et.. but other than that she was fit and healthy she was my whole world I feel totally lost. It should never happened I’m angry and bitter of how she caught it why was it have to be her.My stepdad got a positive result on Christmas Eve I see you my mum Christmas Eve night and she said she’ll be round in the morning to open the presents with the kids she didn’t shower she was in bed for two days I spoke to her on the 27th on FaceTime waiting her test results she said she felt fine just a little fuzzy and put a self to bed the next morning my stepdad rang for an ambulance the whole journey and hospital was horrendous every time I rang they kept saying she was just confused but she was okay we even got a phone call on the 30th to say that she’s going to be discharged home the next day we got a call for the end-of-life team when I went into hospital she was just in a side ward On  a drip with an oxygen mask she did not look end of life no ventilator not in intensive care just look like she was asleep. I thought with the doctors for six days as they kept telling me there was nothing they could do I was never explained anything when we was there just there was no more I thought with the doctors as they try to stop treatment which they did for 12 hours till I demanded to give her antibiotics and medication again she carried on fighting for an extra three days but in the meantime I’ve got my test results back positive and I had to leave her bedside this whole  journey has been horrendous I’m in the middle of a battle with the hospital wanting answers I have my meeting on the 1st of March Hoping I can get some sort of answers closure why was she not put on a ventilator?why was she not in ICU? why didn’t you fight for her? how did you know it was end of life then? so many questions that need answering I’m really struggling with the way she has died of this virus don’t know anyone else is out there the same as me to offer some advice.My brother and sister both live in Australia so I’ve been dealing with it all by myself I feel so lost I have as I have nobody to come lose my mum at 32 its so not fair. I’m just really struggling and I miss my mum

• Members

Hi. I feel your pain. I lost my mum to covid just 6 weeks ago. I'm heartbroken and I struggle every day to come to terms with it. There is a Facebook group for anyone who has lost a loved one from covid. I joined yesterday and find it helpful. 

It's called covid 19 loss support for family and friends. 

Archived