Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Where are you?

widower2

• Moderators

I mean literally...I suspect most of us are USA, but maybe not...no addresses please :)  But otherwise feel free to share as much as you're comfortable with. Just curious what the map of we folks look like, not sure why. Boredom maybe? A desire for a break from the obvious topics? Both? 

Long time Virginian here. Loving the warmer weather finally, hope it holds.

• Like 2

• Members

I’m originally from upstate NY, but now live in Navarre, Florida (western Florida panhandle). A beautiful area with stunning white sandy beaches.  

• Like 2

• Members

Utah.  Cold and snowy and wishing for warmer weather.  I have a small home with a small yard/garden.  I’m very happy I convinced my husband a few years back to “downsize” early.  No stairs and an easy care home.  I’m fortunate now that I’m alone.

• Like 3

• Moderators

17 hours ago, steveb said:

I’m originally from upstate NY, but now live in Navarre, Florida (western Florida panhandle). A beautiful area with stunning white sandy beaches.  

I've skied the Catskills :) Had friends who worked up there for IBM before they "downsized" and moved people everywhere. Been the to Fla panhandle too; Ft Walton, specifically...yes, beautiful white beaches 

7 hours ago, SSC said:

Utah.  Cold and snowy and wishing for warmer weather.  I have a small home with a small yard/garden.  I’m very happy I convinced my husband a few years back to “downsize” early.  No stairs and an easy care home.  I’m fortunate now that I’m alone.

Never skied Utah unfortunately! I'm hoping to move and debating between a 2-story (which I prefer) and a rancher (which might be more practical). 

• Members

Some of us even from down under!

One can still be in grief down here!

• Like 3

• Moderators
On 2/26/2021 at 12:48 PM, SSC said:

@widower2 why move?  Will you stay in Virginia?

Because I'm in a rental house that I had to move to when she passed (it was her house...lonnnng story...). Staying in VA for now due to job and probably forever but who knows!

• Moderators
17 hours ago, tlc said:

Some of us even from down under!

One can still be in grief down here!

I've heard nothing but good things about Aw-strayyyl-ya :)  If only it wasn't so far away! 

• Members

I'm originally from Canada but have lived in Massachusetts for the last several years.

• Moderators

Where at? A previous company I worked for was HQed in Boston (Bedford), have been there a few times. My sister went to Berklee also. 

• Moderators

We're quite the international group! Sweden is some place I hope to visit one day. 

• Members

I have lived my entire life in one place or another near Chicago.

• Members

I live in Tallahassee Florida but have moved about the US quite a bit.  Cleveland Ohio, Louisville Kentucky, Kansas City Kansas, Chicago Illinois, Three Rivers Michigan, Orlando Florida, Gainesville Florida, Atlanta Georgia, and St Augustine Florida.  There were a few other small towns too, but these were the main locations. 

I like Florida. Not looking forward to hurricane season though. 

• Members

Wow @Gail 8588, you’ve moved a lot!  I had a moment where I looked into condo prices in St Augustine as one of my kids was considering moving there.  It’s a beautiful city!

• Members

I loved living in St Augustine.  We lived there for 14 years. The longest I ever lived in one location.  

• Members

I am in Florida, Space Coast. How boring... Yet the most affordable spacious, private and peaceful place to live within a 20 min drive to the beach. Only if I didn’t dread the heat in the summer. And miss the mountains. I am originally from Bulgaria and there we have plains, sea and mountains within an hour drive, full seasons with snow in the winter. Used to go out on a mountain hike from the city for a day. But we settled here with my soulmate, who had lived all over the world, yet here we found our home in the ultimate peace.

Sent from my iPad using Grieving.com