Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

I lost my mother and sister 6 days apart already this year

Cnford

• Members

My mom was in terrible health, and she fought so hard for years to stay as long as she could with us. Then she dies and I’m very sad, we have her funeral one weekend, and I’m not very broken because I still have my best friend in the whole world by my side like I had my whole life. I go back home the day after her funeral because I have a family to take care of and I live a little over an hour away. Monday morning I get a call from my brother in-law crying and he’s telling me my sister wouldn’t wake up. The paramedics were there working on her. She was already dead when they got there. They had to rule out that it wasn’t a crime scene, so they wouldn’t let me see her. We have another funeral just a weekend after my mom’s funeral, and now all I feel is broken. She left behind 2 young kids, and thankfully they have a good dad. He’s doing the best he can for those kids. I just feel so alone even though I have my husband, and my kids here. I lost the two most important women in my life not even a week apart. I don’t know how to look at life with enjoyment anymore. I’m just constantly sad all the time. 

• Members

I'm so very sorry. I lost my older sister on Christmas Day, and I still cannot believe she's gone. I miss talking to her every week. She was my best friend and my traveling companion. Her loss changes my life on so many levels. 

Archived