Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Death of Father

TLN

• Members

Hello. I am grieving the death of my Father. People say I should be over it by now. but i am not. no one talks about him anymore except to ridicule him. he was not well liked. but i miss him. i would do anything to have him back. just needed to write this to get it out. my family had me try in person counseling. but this way is better for me. i was wondering what i can do to move beyond this funk that i am in, this feeling of everything being unreal. what can i do to break through this grief?

• Members

Grief is a difficult journey and very different for each person. My father passed away last year and it is amazing how differently my siblings and I are dealing with our loss. My brother has to be doing things with his hands like moving things out of the house, my sister has thrown herself into work and is in denial. I am overwhelming sad and cry a lot.
Coming onto places like this helps me. I don’t feel so alone reading other people’s stories and hopefully I help other people too. Doing something like this would not help my siblings. 

Find things that will help you work through your pain. Running, walking, talking, journaling. Whatever you need. 

Archived