Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

My did is dating and I’m scared

Gracie...kan

• Members

Ok so I’m 14 and my dad is 45. My mom died in August of cancer at 38 y/o so it’s only been a few months. A couple months ago I noticed my dad talking to women. He started downloading dating apps. And for the past 3 weeks he has been leaving every night as soon as I get home and not coming home until 2am-6am and he won’t talk to me about what he is doing at all but he doesn’t have to because I know he’s out having sex with other women because I saw condoms in his drawer. And I am at home alone all night, I have 3 siblings but they where all my half siblings on my moms side so after she died there dads all won’t let me see them. Especially my sister she is my best friend and I haven’t seen her Since my mom died and I just feel so alone. But my dad went out last night again and didn’t come home until 8:00 am. He then took me to the mall and bought me a bunch of stuff and he also bought “his friends kids” (his girlfriends kids) freaking 100 dollar leggings. It scares me so much to even think about some other kids and there mom stealing my dad away from me. It’s like I lost both my parents the day my mom died. My dad used to spend so much time with me but now in alwys alone and I hate it. I want to com-front him but I’m scared of conferation so I will never talk to him about it. And I hate it I want my dad back what should I do? My hole family is gone 

• Members

Hi Gracie...kan,

I am so sorry you are going through this. I wish I could give you a big hug.

It sounds like you had a good relationship with your Dad before your Mum passed. Even though you don’t like confrontation maybe you could ask him to stay home one night as you really want to spend time with him and talk to him. Perhaps while your playing a board game together (or whatever you like to do) you could say something like ‘I’m really enjoying spending this time with you. We should do it more often’. 

Try to stay in contact with your sister via text messages or any way you can. You have both lost your Mum and need each other right now. 

It has not been long since you lost your Mum. Remember to be kind to yourself. We are here on this forum should you need us. 

• Members

Hi Gracie....kan,
Would you be OK with meeting your father's girlfriend and her kids? If so, you could ask your father if you can meet them.
Tell your father that you are lonely since you lost your mum. He most probably is not aware of what you are going through.
Tell him like you have told us.
Do you have aunts on your mother's side? Would they be happy to spend time with you. Aunts are great in such situations.
Big hugs xoxox

Archived