Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Pain has arrived again...

Daryl

• Members

Just wanted to tell the world that two beautiful cats, who were so loved , have left this world.I was a corrections officer for over 22 years and adopted "Scrappy" , in which the inmates were rather mad that I stole him. He died only two months ago from FIV.  My last little creature friend was"Tacoma", because he had hitched a ride in my Tacoma truck. A 30 minute ride home from work, he had adopted me.  He was a solid black feline and I am now in the haze of pain from the loss. It's funny because it has started to thunderstorm in February, here in North Carolina. Highly unusual. I buried him yesterday. He was wrapped in a pretty blanket that the vet gave me. I am hurting so much because I would feed him around this time of day. I am thinking he's hungry. I just wanted to tell someone about the wonderful hugs we had. He loved being carried and I loved feeling his purr again my chest. Now he's gone. And it is tearing me apart. I sat on the outdoor swing with his little body and wept. The day before,  we spent a wonderful time together. I wish I could hold him again. So much. He had a bad heart murmur and had a stroke, which paralyzed him. He was very sick. I just wanted to tell how beautiful and wonderful they both were. The loss of Tacoma is extremely hard because I had him since he was a kitten.  He was there for me through a lot of hard times. But, he always loved me, if fact he preferred petting over eating. Rest in peace, my friend and little buddy. I will love him forever. Thank you.

• Members

I lost my dog sunday the 7,It was so bad she was drinking alot of water peeing alot for many moths I thought it was old age ,well it was renal faliure ,We think we never made it to vet,She throw up all nite days before she was tried ,but walked ate..so werid.I saw her die in front of me she was limp so she was dying ,by the time the cab came our yaris broke down omg!! she was dead..so now when I go to the cooking room and clean she not there to watch mama do anything.I went out to her grave in my back yard in the middle of the nite and cryed,,,it does get better been 4 days..I reading alot about grief ,,how the heck she passed away  and o yes all the vets in town were booked ,so we were taking the cab to a hospital.but she died .I no how you feel that heartache..its not nearly has bad after my xhubby passed away.im so sorry ,thoght I would tell you my story amen to you

• Moderators

Daryl, I am so sorry to hear of your loss of both of your cats.  So hard when we build our lives with them and then when they're gone, all the routines are a huge reminder/trigger.  It's that way with me.  My husband died 15 1/2 years ago and I've lived alone with my pets ever since, but am extremely close to them, lost my 25 year old cat one year ago, and my soulmate in a dog 1 1/2 years ago.  My son brought me a puppy, it helps, it's not the same, it never is, no two are alike, but I've gotten very attached to him.

yvo4848 I'm sorry you also went through so much loss, I understand. 

The details may differ but it helps me to think of it being somewhat like this, I look forward to being with them again as it gives me much needed hope...

• Members

Hi Daryl,

I'm so sorry for your loss. It's one of the most painful experiences we can have losing our little loved ones. They are always there for us, good times and bad. They never ask for anything other than a full bowl of food and a warm lap. They accept us unconditionally. I've had closer relationships to my cats than I've had to most people, even my immediate family. I know full well the pain and sadness you're going through. I've cried my fair share over the loss of my cats. I wouldn't wish that pain on anyone. But what I try to reflect on is the love and the years of happiness and the wonderful memories that are worth the pain when it does eventually come. Because it always does. It's the inevitable conclusion to our bond with these little ones whose lives are never long enough.

I hope in time you can find peace with the loss. It is never easy. But it does eventually get better. Coming here and telling your story and reflecting on the love you shared with Scrappy and Tacoma is the best medicine by far.

Take care,

Biscuit's Dad.

• Members

im so sorry for your loss to you ,I lost my dog last Sunday, And I feel ok don't feel bad anymore I no sissie is running with all the cats dogs all animals form heck even humans. Love and good by to you all .I will drop in on occasion thank you ,by have good life.im on the meand.feel good, hope thats not weird to say.If I were alone Id be way worse off.hate being alone omg!!

• Members

who am I kidding I cryed all day yesterday,there no rat terriers anywhere at all.Im still sad down,what was I thinking feeling better my butt.Im not well little but still wake up in a panic somedays wanting her so bad.amen

• Moderators

Grief does that to us, the waves hitting us when we least expect it.  I'm sorry, I know how hard it is.  :(

• Members

why when my 3 dogs passed I was sad I cryed ,but never recalling this bad pain of a breaking heart for my rat terrier.what wrong with me.and how are you doing after the loss of your sweet cats? Im still in pain 3o days later..please stop already .please

• Moderators

I have loved all 25 of my dogs/cats over my life, but Arlie hit me by far the hardest, no contest.  I cried with them all, missed them, still think about them, but Arlie was special, he was my soulmate in a dog, my companion, the perfect dog for me.  There is nothing wrong with you!  You are grieving.  The grief equals the depth of the relationship.  

• Members

yes! again when I wake up, I go to her vedio of her running playing,your correct about how deep the relationship is,I felt this love for her she would sit on my lap and eat with me when dinner came she had a cover for her food dripping she ate little of my food ,what was really werid I started to kiss her goodnight towards the end of her life which I never did ,I gave her tums for some odd reason found out later its good for renal failure which still to this day I dont no if she deid of that,,I think she did because I never saw a dog drink gallons of water and pee like a race horse her breath was horrid ,thought it was her teeth but her teeth were good I brushed them 2 a week.I just want it all to stop and go back to what it was, keeps going and going none stop everyday the same old thing thinking crying thru out the day,omg stop.my  other dog always looks at me,she so cute but she a dog not a child like dog sissie was so so intrative and ears straight up and had to no all my other hanna shes 7 is just sweet loivng dog sissie was kinda mean sad to say .she would attack other tiny dogs ,we were camping and she broke the leash and almost hurt a small dog,she got attacked when she was 1 year old almost killed by a black lab ,ok need to walk clean home .I bought a stcath off ticket 4 of them and I said this ones for you sissie I won 250 3 times in 1 week ,,werid.no I dont gamble alot at all.still cant find a rattie anywhere,I leave it in gods hands,amen thak you kay.hope your well.

• Moderators

It seems small dogs are a shortage right now but I will pray you find one, all in due time.  And that it's a great comfort to you.  I'm sorry she got attacked, Arlie got attacked 10 times in his life and he was a gentle giant, never would hurt a soul.

• Members

Hi, Daryl, I feel your loss with great empathy. I have an elderly cat named Sidney who is now dying. He is not in pain, just down to sleeping and having a little water and food a few times a day and very weak. But he will be gone in a very short time. I cry everyday as I feel him slipping away. As with Tacoma, Sidney has been far more than "just a pet." He has been a best friend and devoted supporter. I went through cancer this past year, radiation and chemo through the autumn. Everyday I crashed on a daybed, exhausted. Every day, Sidney was there, lying on my stomach or stretched out next to me. He never left my side. In January I found out I was cancer free - the doctors were amazed at how fast and thoroughly the tumor had disappeared. I credit not just the treatment, but Sidney’s daily doses of loving energy. It was right after the end of treatment that Sid started to fade away. I was in denial at first, convinced myself he just had a passing feline cold or something. Then I felt horribly guilty, as if he had given his life force away to save me. Now I am trying to get into an acceptance place…very, very hard. Nothing will ever fill the hole he will leave. But I am trying to come to believe I can fill that hole with his loving presence and my memories of him so that it will not feel so empty. It really helps to know that other people have had the same deep relationships with their animal companions and understand the intense grief their loss causes. I believe that they will be with us always — animals have spirits just as real and maybe even bigger than ours. I can feel Sid’s spirit now so much stronger than his poor, dying little body. I must work on letting go of that little body so that Sid feels free to go. 

• Moderators

@CherieLA  Congratulations on beating the cancer!  There is no doubt in my mind that it is in part to the loving devotion of Sidney.

I am so sorry for Sidney's condition and wish with you that it could be anything but.  I have lost 24 dogs & cats in my lifetime, my last was 25 year old Kitty.  It is so hard, and the only way I know is straight through it, pain and all.  Our tears are for us as it leaves such a void and we want nothing more than to hold them one more time.  It helps to know they are out of their suffering, but it is then that ours begins.  I hope that the hope we have of being with them again bring you comfort and peace when that time comes, as depicted in the video I posted above.(((hugs)))

Archived